Aisha was married at six years old to the last Islamic prophet.

tahirimanov has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

"'Aisha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Apostle (May peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old." [0]

Seems Aisha was married to the last Islamic prophet when Aisha was six years old.

Pro rightly pointed out in comments section, it is debate about fact, not whether it's good or bad. And it's about a historical event. When dealing with historical event your primary evidence should be empirical (such as, archaeological evidence of some stupid battle ), if not all you have left with Testimony. And any historian knows not to just trust to claim, without checking and cross-referencing it with other sources.
Returning to topic, I have few questions
A. When was Aisha born? (not exact date)
B. Her age during migrations.
C. When she was married?

And also I ask Pro to give name of book and etc. for sources, not just links.

The first source was Sahih Muslim Book 008, Hadith Number 3310. [0]

As for empirical evidence that seems like a high standard for religion. We could discount all the miracles in the Koran and Hadith while we are at it. Since, I highly doubt we will find any archaeological evidence of a winged horse flying to heaven.

"Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64:

Narrated 'Aisha:

that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death). " [1]

As you can see she was 9 when married.

Not sure what you mean by "migrations."

Thanks for the debate.

By migrations I mean migration to Abyssinia and migration to Madina.
It seems, I have to explain few things.
First, hadiths aren't told as historical records, or for that purpose. It is not the topic, so I skip it, you can do research for yourself. So when historians analyse hadiths, they use different set of rules. Let's say I want to prove the claim (subject) based on hadith given by Pro, then I have to ask who, when, where told it, and etc. (such as, if the narrator was too old too remember ).
Secondly, let me give quote from historian - "In the time before Islam, Abu Bakr married two women. The first was Fatila daughter of Abdul Uzza, from whom Abdullah and Asma were born. Then he married Umm Ruman, from whom Abdur Rahman and Aisha were born. These four were born before Islam." [Tarikh Tabari, vol. 4, p. 50.]
It answers my first question, and by extensionthe second question also.
So, if Pro has the ability to answer my third question, all we need to do is to use Mathematics.

Let me give some hints, look at Ibn Ishaq for first-year Muslims to average Aisha's age. And date of marriage relative to war of Uhud.

And, it is factual debate and you are Pro. Use some evidence.

I posted in the previous rounds she was married when 6.
Posted by thedynasty139 2 months ago
There's a lot of proof she was older, even according to Sahih Muslim and Sahih Bukhari, as well as other historians. Not worth debating though.
Posted by Stupidape 2 months ago
Bah, you only won because the voter didn't understand my argument. The voter wanted proof of God, when I explained that either God exists or doesn't and have arguments for both.
Posted by Zaephou 2 months ago
6 debate challenges? You have a lot of time on your hands it seems. While I would argue that you should take any religious scripture with a grain of salt, I would see this happening almost certainly since this practice was not uncommon.

Also, thank you for that debate, I gladly enjoyed partaking in my first debate which I was satisfied in winning.
Posted by CuriousFear 2 months ago
Aisha did marry Muhammad SAW at 6 according to this narration, but there's nothing wrong with this. If you'd change the subject to whether it was morally acceptable I'm up for the challenge.
Posted by Stupidape 2 months ago
This is a factual debate, did this event happen or not. As opposed to a normative debate about morals.
Posted by angel_with_horns 2 months ago
Who in the world is going to stand up against you and say that marrying a six year old off in an arranges marriage is "a good idea". No one will accept this debate, except an idiot.