Aisha was married at six years old.

"'Aisha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Apostle (May peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old." [0]

I'm still not sure who she was married to, but seems pretty clear Aisha was married to someone at six years old.

I am not sure what your argument is. Are you supporting or opposing the arranged marriages of young children?

"I am not sure what your argument is. Are you supporting or opposing the arranged marriages of young children?" Bear

My argument is the title. The debate is about whether or not Aisha was married at six years old. Your statement is off topic and thus a red herring. Nevertheless I am extremely opposed to arranged marriages of young children.

You are pro so I assume you believe she wasn't married at age 6. I am con so I have to say that is wrong. My reason would be that records at the time or place were either non-existent or poorly kept and therefore we can't know whether or not she was 6 years old.

This comes from a very credible source.

"Bukhari's collection is recognized by the overwhelming majority of the Muslim world to be one of the most authentic collections of the Sunnah of the Prophet(pbuh)." [1]

"Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64:

Narrated 'Aisha:

that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death). " [2]

As you can see the source of my information is the Bukhari's collection. Which is recognized by the overwhelming majority of Muslims to be authentic.

Thanks for the debate.

Since the only point relevant was the age of the woman when she married. Lets understand in the traditional arranged marriage among the upper classes the woman's vagina represented property and the consolidation of political power
Posted by bearski 2 months ago
made a typo error on my last argument. A serious one actually. What I should have said is pro believes the girl was married at age 6 and not that she wasn't married as is indicated
Posted by Stupidape 2 months ago
A Muslim person did on another debate.
Posted by SNP1 2 months ago
Who denies this?