varto11
C0in

Albert Einstein wasnt atheist.

varto11 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

varto11

Pro

Einstein called himself an agnostic rather than an atheist, stating: "I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal god is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being."[12] In an interview published by the German poet George Sylvester Viereck, Einstein stated, "I am not an Atheist."[9] According to Prince Hubertus, Einstein said, "In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."
https://en.wikipedia.org...
C0in

Con

Einstein may not have labelled himself an Atheist, however, he didn't believe in a personal or monotheistic god (he did not accept the notion of the Christian god). "It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."[1], "The idea of a personal God is quite alien to me and seems even naive."[2].
So you could argue that he never labelled himself as an Atheist, What point do you wish to make in doing so. You certainly can't use this semantic obscurity to advocate religion.

Dukas, Helen (1981). Albert Einstein the Human Side. Princeton: Princeton University Press, p. 43.
Calaprice, Alice (2000). The Expanded Quotable Einstein. Princeton: Princeton University Press, p. 21
varto11

Pro

He denys the exitences of normal christian god who would send people to hell but he dosent deny the existance of a god of a creator wich makes him agnostic not atheist nor crhistchan.
C0in

Con

"I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it"[1]

"I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious in ourselves. An individual who should survive his physical death is also beyond my comprehension"[2]

I think these two quotes indicate that when Einstein spoke of "god", his feelings were far more in line with Voltier's deism, than to any supernatural monotheist creator god. From the deist position even referring to "god/s" is somewhat of a misnomer, often used simply for lack of a better term rather than to align themselves with any theological conception of god.

Dukas, Helen (1981). Albert Einstein the Human Side. Princeton: Princeton University Press, p. 39.

Rowe, David and Robert Schulmann (2007). Einstein on Politics: His Private Thoughts and Public Stands on Nationalism. Princeton: Princeton University Pres