bulls12694
alexfalse

Albert Pujols should have resigned with the Cardinals

Started: 12/15/2011 Category: Sports

bulls12694

Pro

I will be arguing that A-Bert should have stayed with the Cardinals.
The Con will argue he was just in signing elsewhere.
Format:
Rd. 1- Info
Rd.2 Argument
Rd.3 Argument/ Rebuttals and closing statements
Thanks and good luck!
alexfalse

Con

Albert Pujols is arguably one of the best players of all time. I can go into all the numbers about his home runs and how he is on path to pass Barry Bonds for the Home Run King title, but its more then numbers. Albert Pujols is a man who knows what he wants. He goes and he gets it. He was the most fought over free agent in recent history. He has the ability to change a team just with his presence. He wanted to leave St. Louis, so Albert did what he wanted to do. He is in a place were he will be happy, and can make a huge diffrence. I say all the luck to Albert Pujols, and all the luck to my opponet in the upcoming debate.
bulls12694

Pro

I, first and foremost would like to thank my opponent for accepting the debate. Albert Pujols is the greatest player of this generation. Albert Pujols may or may not break Bonds' record . This will depend on his performance in the back 5 years of his 10 year megacontract.
Very few teams were interested in Pujols out of high school. The Cardinals wound up drafting him in the 13th round. Not at all was Pujols a prestigous prospect out of high school. Very rarely will players from the 13th round become notable major leaguers let alone the best player in the last 20 years. Pujols owes a ton of credit to the St. Louis Cardinals for the amount of interest they put into him. The Cardinals then win the world series last year and because of an extra roughly 5 million per year.He gets up and walks away from all of the Charitites, foundations, connections and life he had in St. Louis.
Thank you and I look forward to hearing your response.
alexfalse

Con

alexfalse forfeited this round.
bulls12694

Pro

My opponent has chosen to forfeit this round hopefully this debate will continue, I will pass this round.
alexfalse

Con

alexfalse forfeited this round.