Kevin21
ShakespeareGirl

Alien life

Kevin21

Pro

First i like to say that i am new at this. so don't be surprised if im not that good. with out further ado lets begin.
Is life a rare phenomenon, or a more constant. When you look at the sky you see thousands if not millions of stars. Each of those stars have giant planets floating around them. there is the possibility of one these planets to inhabit some kind of life. if not intelligent like we are. I believe that in the most inhospitable environments some kind of life exist beyond and within the Milky way Galaxy.
ShakespeareGirl

Con

Life on other planets, in other galaxies, is it possible? Or a better question, is it probable?
I will be arguing the Con.

For life to exist there must be specific conditions.
Taking it from a religious (Christian) perspective, God created the world. This is the world. There are wonders out there. But not human-like life. People were made above the animals.
Looking at the science of it, it is highly improbable. To get a planet like Earth, statistically, you need millions of planets. Also, if you believe evolution, you will see that any other life forms wouldn't yet have human-like intelligence.

Note: By life I don't mean 1 or 2 cells that happen to exist. I am from the religious view of God created the world. I don't agree with evolution.
Kevin21

Pro

Ok but the definition of life is always changing. i agree that it would take primitive non human life to get to where we are. also when i say life, i just don't talk about intelligible life. im also talking about germs, viruses, fish, or even quadrupeds. don't get me wrong i believe in god too.to me evolution is a more descriptive version of creationism. one of the conditions of life is water, where there is water there s some kind of life. like on icy moons. scientist have even found that molecular life can exist even on comets. from fossils from comets. Also you don't have to agree with evolution but the evidence for it found every day. i also agree that god created the earth and the universe. it just took a lot longer than the two or three thousand years the bible said it took him. evolution is part of god just like we are apart of him.
ShakespeareGirl

Con

ShakespeareGirl forfeited this round.
Kevin21

Pro

To be honest i don't know what else to say. i have already put my opinion across. i respect my opponents opinion and i have heard her out. i respect her beliefs. people will believe what they want. i just ask for people to have an open mind about the bigger picture. this planet our species is just one part of this picture. also to think about their place in life and in the universe. there could be other species out there asking them selves these same questions. one day god will send them to our door step or send us to theirs. I think its better to believe that ,gods children have many different faces and come from different worlds. Thank you for excepting my debate and thanking you for your time.
ShakespeareGirl

Con

ShakespeareGirl forfeited this round.