Alien may exist.

I like to make an argument(reasoning) about this topic

Maximum of 2,000 characters only per side.

definition:Extraterrestrial life (from the Latin words: extra ["beyond", or "not of"] and terrestris ["of or belonging to Earth"]) is defined as life that does not originate from Earth. It is often also referred to as alien life, or simply aliens (or space aliens, to differentiate from other definitions of alien or aliens). These hypothetical forms of life range from simple bacteria-like organisms to beings far more complex than humans.

*I will take pro side and prove that an alien may exist.My opponent will take the con side and prove that there is no chance that an alien exist.

Round 1 is for acceptance.

Good luck to us :D

It is a core tenet of science that only that which can be tested over and over and produce positive results should be considered affirmatively true.

This has not, and probably can not, be done for aliens and thus one should naturally conclude their non-existence until further evidence is given for the pro's case.

My opponent violated the rule.Round 1 should only be for acceptance.

I thank my opponent(Mr.Controverter) for such thoughts :)

~~Actually you are wrong,even us can prove to ourselves that alien may exist or not.Scientist can prove its existence through experiment,Philosophy can prove it to rational logic reasoning.Since this is an argument we can prove it by reasoning or facts.

*Six frontiers for alien life
1)With so many stars, alien life is probable-Shostak estimates there are 1 trillion planets in the Milky Way alone. "Surely some of them have undergone what Earth has undergone and developed life, and eventually what we call sentient life," he says.
2)Water worlds abound in our solar system-Water is a key ingredient for life as we know it. And liquid water, it turns out, is fairly common in our local solar system.
3)Life evolved 'quickly' on Earth-Since even bacteria are biologically complex, scientists think they arose from life forms that got a foothold on Earth even earlier.
4)Life thrives in extreme environments-"Life can adapt to really tough conditions and, of course, most of the universe is going to be filled with habitats that are tough,Shostak say.
5)E.T. might be calling from afar
6)Some see evidence that 'aliens' have visited
~~No.1-5 are logical information,No.6 are evidence(facts).So it is possible that alien may exist because of these facts and logical reasoning.

Maybe this will satisfy you that alien may exist.Even religions doesn't say an alien may not exist.

**If you are saying that alien may not exist,you are violating the rules of scientist because they believe that other lifeforms upon the universe exist.Therefore,You should give major evidence and reasoning to prove that alien doesn't have the possibility to exist.You should give scientific and mathematical calculations that supports your argument that alien doesn't have the possibility to exist.

I'm hoping for your good argument Mr.Controverter :)

Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, unicorns and pretty much anything can exist if you think hard enough about how they logically could fit into our universe. the issue is that we do not conclude things to exist unless there is concrete evidence of it, and not just once but consistent, verifiable evidence that can be concluded with the same trend again on repeat tests.

ameyav forfeited this round.

Victory by forfeiture.
Posted by William.Burnham 3 years ago
This is debating with a handicap. There could be controversy and debate here but the way in which the argument is posed neuters that significantly.
Posted by Smithereens 3 years ago
Btw, you should change the resolution to allow only complex sentient life. Its not possible for Con to win atm.
Posted by Smithereens 3 years ago
I'm tempted to take this debate just so Pro doesn't have an easy life, but that got seriously frowned upon last time I did it, so I shall refrain.
Posted by philochristos 3 years ago
This sounds like a debate you just can't lose. All pro has to show is mere possibility. Con has to show impossibility.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
If no one accepts this challenge as is, perhaps rename it to "Intelligent alien life is more likely to exist than not." Which says nothing of if such life were to have visited Earth.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Hard to argue against what may be in a potentially infinite universe. Still a good case against it could be made by pulling some Stephen Hawkings quotes, and placing them in the right light.
Posted by yuiru 3 years ago
Oh, I thought this was about the movie.