Kukithan
rabbidrabbid

Aliens are Demons

rabbidrabbid

Kukithan

Pro

I know that aliens, or at least those in UFOs, are fake. They are demonic apparitions. I have experienced both abduction and demonic activity, and the two were very similar. Second, aliens always seem to have some message that contradicts the Bible. Finally, I can name two incredible pastors who agree with me: Doug Batchelor and Charles Lawson.
rabbidrabbid

Con

You know, I've never heard this sort of tale before. This is going to be interesting.

Now then, let's start with the proof of aliens. There are TRILLIONS of star systems out there, meaning life has to be out there. And that life probably doesn't take the properties of creatures out of an Earth book. That's all there is for aliens, but it's got a lot more going for it than demons.

Demons have no proof. Only stories from people. It is agreed among scientists that 'demons' are just nightmares you experience, not an actual force of nature. I have never seen a demon nor have I seen proof of one.

I don't believe aliens are demons, as I do not believe in demons, nor do I believe in alien abductions. For my next case, I would request that the instigator tell his story of his alien abduction and demonic activity.
Kukithan

Pro

You missed the point (my fault). The point wasn't to prove that aliens are real, because there is a good chance they might be, it was to prove that UFOs are real. I am not trying to shoot down the possibility of life on other planets. Anyway, let me explain. The UFO was not a physical experience, as I was not even conscience (to my knowledge). The only odd thing about the dream was that I had never been exposed to anything of the short. Because I have severe PTSD, I can remember my infancy. I have been plagued by demonic apparitions and strange ailments. I have seen shadows moving in ways that go against light, and gouge marks suddenly appearing on my body, leaving no sensation of pain.
rabbidrabbid

Con

The point of this debate is for me to prove that aliens are not demons. Therefore, I'm sticking to that. I don't believe UFOs exist either.

I'm going to focus on your experience here. You say that this was not a physical experience, which leads me to believe that this was just a dream. It has nothing to do with demons. You had a weird dream. Everyone does.

As for your experience with demons, I don't believe they actually exist based on your evidence. I would like to turn your attention to the definition of schizophrenia.

"A severe mental disorder characterized by some, but not necessarily all, of the following features: emotional blunting, intellectual deterioration, social isolation, disorganized speech and behavior, delusions, and hallucinations."

I believe you have some of the traits shown here. Your experience with 'demons' was little more than hallucinations. The shadows you believed you saw were just a figment of your imagination. The gouge marks are another story. You either are delusioned enough to believe these marks were caused by demons, or you caused them yourself.

Demons can't be aliens if demons don't exist.
Kukithan

Pro

Schizophrenia is a clinical term used to describe people who are demon possessed or tormented by demons. Yes, the UFO story was just bait. Anyway, and I probably use that word to much, there is a great amount of evidence to suggest demons. Also a great many academics believe in demons. I think this is amazing. I go in for a debate against UFOs, and by my own error I get someone who wants to debate demons. Exciting! I want to say that we cannot prove that schizophrenics are not seeing something real. Can you bring forth evidence?
rabbidrabbid

Con

I saw a title saying "Aliens are Demons", so I decided to go with that.

And since you are saying you are tormented by demons, you are straight up ADMITTING you have schizophrenia. Although, your version of schizophrenia appears to be misguided. People with schizophrenia can't tell what is real and what is not. It's the definition of the word. It has nothing to do with demons in the slightest.

And no, we can not prove that what schizophrenics see is not real. At least, not physically. What they see is their imagination, and that only.

And if by 'academics' you mean religious fanatics that try to prove being gay is a mental disorder, you're very wrong.
Posted by rabbidrabbid 1 year ago
rabbidrabbid
We're now finished. Vote for me, voters!
Posted by Kukithan 1 year ago
Kukithan
Apparently scientists report strange apparitions when particles collide, and anti-matter seems to attract bad luck and acts as a hallucinogen, even though most people who suffer from its effects never come in contact with the volatile substance.
Posted by Kukithan 1 year ago
Kukithan
Forgot to mention the strange occurrences surrounding particle accelerators.
Posted by bananaedmonkey 1 year ago
bananaedmonkey
pros entire argument right now is is the perfect example of quite a few logical fallacies i know.
Posted by rabbidrabbid 1 year ago
rabbidrabbid
@PowerPikachu21 I'm taking this one, my good fellow
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
I may enter this debate later... Someone else is free to enter if they'd like.
Vote Placed by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
KukithanrabbidrabbidTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro... seemed to want to have a conversation about what he believed rather than a debate. He had the BoP, he didn't meet it. Proof requires more than just assertion and dubious personal anecdotes.
Vote Placed by YaHey 1 year ago
YaHey
KukithanrabbidrabbidTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made no attempt to prove the debate's issue other than listing their personal experience, and Con's refutation went without comment.