Strikeeagle84015
lastrequest691

Aliens are not Saved and Must be Saved

lastrequest691

Strikeeagle84015

Con

Hello,
I saw my opponent's previous debate on the subject and thought it very intriguing and would like to debate the same subject with him
In the first round I would just like my opponent to accept the debate and the rules which primarily consist of agreeing not to argue over semantics
lastrequest691

Pro

Extraterrestrials and the Bible

UFO's are a mystery to mankind and no one has been able to describe this object. Many scientists believe that there must be other planets like earth but till now we have not been able to find one. They believe that if life came to earth by accident then there is a chance that life also sprouted out of nowhere in the far reaches of the Universe.

We learn from the Bible that God created heavens and earth long before the Creation week. If life only exists on earth then our planet is a Special one because the vastness of space is nothing compared to our existence. "An ant is nobler than the sun because the ant has life whereas the sun does not."

Now moving on to my debate- I have picked up some verses from the Bible that "MAY" support that life exists on other planets. Psalm 115:16 states, "The heaven, even the heavens, are the Lord's: but the earth has he given to the children of men."

Here in Psalms 115:16 it is stated clearly that Earth was given to Children of men but the verse also tells us that God created the heaven (Core Universe) and the heavens (Parallel Universes). Now I don't mean to say that the verse directly means that there are other planets which support life but there is a chance since earth was given to children of men and not some Alien.

I have finished my round. I hope my opponent puts up a good subject.
Strikeeagle84015

Con

Okay I had thought this debate had assumed
1. The existence of life on other planets
2. The existence of the God of the Bible
3. The existence of Satan
if this are not could my opponent please let me know in the next round but,
I maintain that aliens do need to be saved but contend that they already are saved.
I would also like to say that aliens if they existed would most likely look very similar to us as God created man in his image why would he not create inhabitants of other worlds in his image.
Now the there would be two major obstacles to the salvation of those that dwell on other planets
1)Would the atonement extend to them
2)How would they have heard the Gospel of Christ

I will answer these two questions.
First I would like to direct attention towards to verses that support the concept that Christ's Atonement extend to all those who inhabit the Terrestrial universe.
1 Corinthians 15:22
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ ALL shall be made alive.
and
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
These scriptures point to the fact thats Christ's atonement was universal and stretched throughout all places regardless of location in space

The second question then becomes how would these beings have heard of Jesus Christ?
My answer is John 10:16
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
Now Christ was lifted up is it impossible that he visited other planets and brought the gospel to them.
My religion holds that he visited the America's and revealed himself unto them. Is there any reason he could not have visited other planets as well and shown himself unto aliens?

Note: I am using the King James Version Published by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints version of the bible
lastrequest691

Pro

lastrequest691 forfeited this round.
Strikeeagle84015

Con

Strikeeagle84015 forfeited this round.
lastrequest691

Pro

Oh! Adam what have you done?
2nd Proof
The Epistle of Paul

In Romans 8:22 that the "whole creation groans" because of Adam's sin. When Adam fell, the entire universe was affected. Could this mean that other planets were also given to man by God but because of the curse they became inhabitable planets?

Romans 8:22 states "Cosmos" which means the entire universe and not just earth. NOTE- I said the entire universe was affected by the curse NOT JUST EARTH. Oh! Adam what have you done?

There is every possibility that God was making life on other planets but since Adam rebelled God could have decided to stop creating life on other planets and that is why they are inhabitable planets.

Maybe God wanted other planets to be inhabitated by other living organisms inferior to human beings but Adam messed everything up. Why would an Almighty God make so billions trillions of stars which are surrounded by planets for no reason?
God is wise and He must have planned to create life on other planets because it does not make sense why God would make trillions of planets with no life on them.

All the planets found by the astronomers have proved that they have no life or are inhabitable (result of curse in the universe.)

I finish my short debate.
Strikeeagle84015

Con

Strikeeagle84015 forfeited this round.
lastrequest691

Pro

lastrequest691 forfeited this round.
Strikeeagle84015

Con

Strikeeagle84015 forfeited this round.
lastrequest691

Pro

lastrequest691 forfeited this round.
Posted by Strikeeagle84015 6 years ago
Strikeeagle84015
it's all good :-)
Posted by lastrequest691 6 years ago
lastrequest691
I will post this time. I am sorry I was busy with my online friends.
:)
Vote Placed by wpfairbanks 6 years ago
wpfairbanks
Strikeeagle84015lastrequest691Tied