cheeto125
MrDelaney

Aliens does not exist!

MrDelaney

cheeto125

Pro

Any one up for the debate? If so, you can go first.
MrDelaney

Con

Thank you Cheeto, for setting up this debate.

Arguing the contrary, I will show that it is unreasonable and irrational to make the positive claim that aliens do not exist.
To be clear, it is not my responsibility to prove that alien life DOES exist, only that one cannot reasonable support the assertion that it does not exist.

Seeing as Cheeto has not offered any definitions, I will assume that 'aliens' refers quite simply to 'living organisms originating and residing on planets other than Earth.'

Recent studies have concluded, via data collected by NASA's Kepler spacecraft, that as many as 1 in 5 stars observed have an earth-size planet in what is referred to as the 'habitable-zone.' (1)

When the above discovery is taken into consideration with the fact that the observable universe is somewhere in the ballpark of 92 billion light years across (2), it becomes evident that any positive claim that alien life does not exist is an unreasonable one.

The little bit we know about the universe tells us that the odds are in favor of the potential for alien life.
When you add to that the fact that the vast majority of the universe has not yet been explored, it becomes clear that it is irrational to make any claims about what cannot exist. We are not justified in making positive knowledge claims about things we have not yet explored or even observed.

The most we can say is that we do not know.
To make any claim of knowledge past that point is irrational, unreasonable and unjustified.

I look forward to hearing Cheeto's argument and evidence for the claim that alien life does not exist anywhere in our universe.

(1) http://www.space.com...
(2) http://www.space.com...
cheeto125

Pro

No one has evidence that proves aliens exist or not. But I feel aliens does not exist. Yes, there are photos of Mars that looks like aliens are there. But the photos could be photoshopped. Especially, with the technology we have today. You can create any photo, or website. Yes, the universe is ginormous, and we haven't explored all of it. But seeing all these shows and movies that it seems that they have a UFO. Aliens rumors had been around for so long, and people saying that their coming. So, they should of been here by now?. Where are they? Oh yeah, they don't exist. The ONLY reason why aliens are so popular is because aliens fanatics hype it up. And when people claim they seen a UFO they are usually intoxicated with drugs. People waste their precious time researching about something that doesn't even exist.
MrDelaney

Con

Well, it seems as if we may not need all the rounds of this debate after all.

You began this debate with the claim that 'aliens do not exist.' You then began your argument with the statement, "No one has evidence that proves aliens exist or not." In light of that I would propose that I have made my case and that you have conceded your position completely.

You went on to say, "But I feel aliens does not exist." With all due respect, while it is interesting to know what you might think or feel, it is not entirely relevant here. In order to support the statement that 'aliens do not exist' I am interesting in what you can prove, demonstrate and support.

In regards to the remainder of your argument I would say that the existence of hoaxes does nothing but prove that hoaxes exist. But that is all you can logically and reasonably draw from the evidence. People throughout history have also faked their deaths, staged accidental fires, and forged great works of art - but that does not mean that death, accidents and original artwork do not exist.

You go on to say "they should of been here by now?. Where are they? Oh yeah, they don't exist." Yet you offered not support, evidence or justification for your belief that alien life is impossible. As the famous saying goes, 'absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.' But regardless, your point about visitation is irrelevant in our context. This debate was never about whether or not aliens have visited Earth, but whether or not alien life exists in our universe.

I proposed at the onset that it is not possible to support the claim that aliens do not exist, and therefore it is not a reasonable position to hold. I feel I've made that case very strongly.

I will close by repeating your own statement, since it made my case so clearly, "no one has evidence that proves aliens exist or not."

cheeto125

Pro

I did support my reasons for my statement that I have made. I don't think you read correctly.
MrDelaney

Con

You said, "I did support my reasons for my statement that I have made. I don't think you read correctly."

I did, in fact, respond to the reasons you put forth.
Given that you haven't advanced any new arguments, or attempted to rebut my replies, I don't have much of anything to add at this point.

I still contend that you have offered no claim or evidence for the proposition that aliens do not exist.
Meanwhile I have demonstrated that not only can we not justifiably claim that aliens do not exist, but there is a probability that they do exist given the size and nature of the universe as we understand it.

The most rational and justifiable position to hold at this time is that we do not know whether or not aliens do exist.

cheeto125

Pro

Obviously I need to repeat my claims. There are photos of mars and aliens on there. It's 98% chance that it's fake. With the technology that we have today anybody can change, or put something in a picture. You could even make a website and pretend like it's the government. That's why you don't always believe what's on the internet.

Rumors about aliens have been here forever. They seem pretty smart, so where the hell is the aliens?

The only reason why aliens are so popular is because alien fanatics hyped it up.

When people claim they saw a UFO they are usually intoxicated with drugs.

People waste their precious time researching about false things that we don't even know exist.
MrDelaney

Con

I feel as if you have not fully grasped the proposition that you set yourself up to defend. You began this debate with the proposition that ‘aliens do not exist.’ The burden of proof was on you to make your case, yet you have made no effort to provide any evidence or proof to that end.

I would like to reiterate what I said at the start of this debate: it is not my responsibility to prove that alien life DOES exist, only that one cannot reasonable support the assertion that it does not exist.

I feel I have done that.

I will now take your points one by one.

“There are photos of mars and aliens on there. It's 98% chance that it's fake. With the technology that we have today anybody can change, or put something in a picture. You could even make a website and pretend like it's the government. That's why you don't always believe what's on the internet.”

I addressed this point earlier when I addressed hoaxes in general. The fact that there are hoaxes proves only that hoaxes exist, nothing more. Because someone fakes one thing you cannot jump to the conclusion that all instances are fake (hence my examples of art forgeries). I agree that we shouldn’t always believe what is on the internet, but it is just as fallacious to assume the opposite is therefore true.

“Rumors about aliens have been here forever. They seem pretty smart, so where the hell is the aliens?”

Rumors are not evidence, rumors are simply rumors. And much like I said about hoaxes, simply by virtue of something being a rumor you cannot assume it is therefore false.

“The only reason why aliens are so popular is because alien fanatics hyped it up.”

That is an assertion you would have to back up with demonstrable evidence in some way if it were crucial to this topic. But, even if it is true, it has no relevance on whether or not alien life does in fact exist somewhere in our universe.

“When people claim they saw a UFO they are usually intoxicated with drugs.”

That is another assertion you would have to back up in some fashion, were it relevant. However, whether or not people are intoxicated when they claim to see UFO’s has no bearing on whether or not alien life exists. And given that none of my argument has been based on eye witness testimony, I think it’s safe to say it is not relevant to this discussion.

“People waste their precious time researching about false things that we don't even know exist.”

That is probably true. And once again it seems you agreed that we do not know if alien life exists. Therefore, we cannot categorically state that aliens do not exist – which is the position I set out to defend at the start.

cheeto125

Pro

I enjoyed debating with you. You made me laugh. We do not have evidence that aliens exist or not. But until we do I'm sticking to aliens does not exist. Have a great day sir.
MrDelaney

Con

Thank you so much, Cheeto.
I have to say, it's a bit difficult to keep up a serious debate when you have to refer to your opponent as 'Cheeto.'

I appreciated your time, and I'm glad you had fun.
It was fun from this side as well.

The day I see an alien you're going to be the first one I call.
Have a great night. :)
Posted by cheeto125 3 years ago
cheeto125
So you guys call me an idiot because I refuse to write a story. You guys are really rude.
Posted by knowledgeisperry 3 years ago
knowledgeisperry
Cheeto, I have news. Please sit down while I tell you this news. This might come as a bit of a shock to you ... Okay, ready?

Simpleguy is saying you are an idiot with an 'A+' in writing class. I have to agree with Simpleguy, as your writing and composition of your 'arguments' is nothing but an amalgamation of uncoordinated drivel.
Posted by cheeto125 3 years ago
cheeto125
I know that. And I am still considered intellgent. And what do you mena " In fact, I would argue the inverse, as seen in Cheeto's case."
Posted by simpleguy 3 years ago
simpleguy
Academic grades are not directly proportional to intelligence. In fact, I would argue the inverse, as seen in Cheeto's case.
Posted by cheeto125 3 years ago
cheeto125
Basically, saying an A+ isn't impressive is calling me a idiot.
Posted by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
Just to clarify, I never called you an idiot. I have no clue what your intelligence level is.
Posted by cheeto125 3 years ago
cheeto125
It took me 10 minutes to write that. I'm just joking. And I'm not an idiot. You are. I never did drugs, and I don't plan to. I always made good grades, in every subject, not just writing. Bastard.
Posted by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
Pro round 3

"I did support my reasons for my statement that I have made. I don't think you read correctly."

How many hours did that round 3 argument take to write?

An A+ in writing isn't impressive. School is tailored to the dumb kids. There is a reason so many kids are on adderal. It's because they are subjected to the mind numbing boringness, of work tailored to idiots. They literally have to take drugs, to be able to focus on work that is so far beneath their ability. If you want to be the smartest dumb kind in class, than continue to focus on merely getting good grades in writing. However, if you expect more out of yourself. Learn how to write in a way where people can't tell that you're lying about your real age, on you profile.
Posted by cheeto125 3 years ago
cheeto125
I did take my time. And I know how to write. I got an A+ in writing. You were the one that was rushed when reading my arguments.
Posted by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
I hope you're joking. Please take the time to learn what burden of proof is and who has it. Then look at some basic logic. Google logic 101 or something you can learn enough to do you a lot of good in just ten minutes and then build off of that. Then look into the most common logical fallacies and memorize about 5 of the most common. You can always refer back to them.

On top of learning some very basic logic, just put some time and effort into forming your arguments. Your arguments felt rushed.
Vote Placed by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
cheeto125MrDelaneyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Poor spelling and arguments from Pro. Con also provided sources.
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
cheeto125MrDelaneyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's spelling was atrocious and felt rushed. Pro didn't meet his burden of proof. I would advise him not to make resolutions that can't be supported by any evidence.
Vote Placed by judeifeanyi 3 years ago
judeifeanyi
cheeto125MrDelaneyTied
Reasons for voting decision: None used reliable sources. Though vote needs to be cast in other to declare the winner or if tied
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
cheeto125MrDelaneyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did not put much effort and Con made better arguments. Easy win for Con.