LordKavstar
Hurricane996

Aliens exist.

LordKavstar

LordKavstar

Pro

I've been having a nice long think about the universe and I reached the conclusion that aliens probably do exist. I know this is a hotly debated topic so I was wondering if anyone wishes to challenge me? By alien I mean any form of biological being, be them micro or super.
Hurricane996

Con

Define "Alien"
LordKavstar

Pro

Alien = a organism that originates from a world other than Earth.
If you think about how how big the universe is, then surely it is near infinite. In an infinite universe, there is infinite possibilities. With infinite possibilities comes the possibility if aliens existing. Surely it can't be just us. I personally believe that aliens are quite far off so I don't believe the stories that people tell about green men or flying saucers. But then again, I don't totally disregard what they say. A man sees what he sees.
Hurricane996

Con

You win as there is scientific PROOF that aliens do exist.
LordKavstar

Pro

Aren't you meant to be arguing with me?
Hurricane996

Con

Hurricane996 forfeited this round.
Posted by UndeniableReality 2 years ago
UndeniableReality
I agree that they could exist, but I don't agree that there's any real evidence that they have visited us.
Posted by LordKavstar 2 years ago
LordKavstar
Aliens that fly space vessels could easily exist if lower life extraterrestrials exist. They could have been around for longer than us and thus be more advance. An alien might look at a Boeing 777 and call that a U.F.O! I must say that our helicopters look pretty space age now...
Posted by Idiosyncratic 2 years ago
Idiosyncratic
Reason why ufo "sightings" are obviously false : the video evidence for ufo's seem to be a compilation of 1990's cam-recorders with horrible, grainy picture quality. Also, how ironic that they are all so far away that you cant tell what it is beyond a vaguely spherical object. As for aliens on other planets, could there be wild animals on other planets? Sure, I guess. But that would be the extent of their intelligence: animal instinct and behavior. Sorry, but aliens that fly space vessels just don't exists.
Posted by LordKavstar 2 years ago
LordKavstar
I'm not saying to believe everything you hear. But you must not doubt everything you hear. Different things, different meanings. Technically, you typing away on your keyboard could be false. You existing could be a lie. The fact that the moon orbits earth could be a lie. There is nothing to prove that the moon does orbit earth. All fact/truth and everything you believe is gained through our senses, and remember that our senses can be deceiving.
Posted by Merphie 2 years ago
Merphie
I think you are confused about the court system. Even so, A great many innocents have been convicted on on bad witnesses. If you lower the standard of evidence to a person's claim then everything is true and nothing can be falsified.

You would have to accept every religion and conspiracy theory as true as well as claims of big foot, fairies, loch ness,and etc.

It's the evidence that proves a claim wrong. I can claim to change lead into gold but then the burden is on me to provide evidence. If my claim is enough for you then send me $100,000 and I'll teach you how.
Posted by LordKavstar 2 years ago
LordKavstar
People can be wrong, but it is up to no one to decide that they definitely are. This is why we have the law that you are innocent until proven guilty.
Posted by Merphie 2 years ago
Merphie
People can be wrong and memory is not a photograph
Posted by LordKavstar 2 years ago
LordKavstar
A man sees what he sees. There is no falsehood in that.
Posted by UndeniableReality 2 years ago
UndeniableReality
Telling the truth about their experiences doesn't mean that the aliens exist, only that these people experienced something that they believed were aliens.
Posted by Merphie 2 years ago
Merphie
Personal Anecdotal stories are not evidence.
Vote Placed by RomanCatholic 2 years ago
RomanCatholic
LordKavstarHurricane996Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Well con sucks
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
LordKavstarHurricane996Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture