Hay
DoctorDeku

Aliens exist

DoctorDeku

Hay

Pro

In my opinion alians do exist because there is a vast universe and maybe one inhabit life. If you accept I wish you luck.
DoctorDeku

Con

As it stands Con does not pose a full argument, as they do not have a clear claim, there is no warrant, there is no data and there is no impact. This method of advocacy is known as the Toulmin method[1] was proposed by British Philosopher Stephen Toulmin in his book 'The Uses of Argument[2]; it has since been accepted at large by the debate community as the most effective method of advocacy as it lies out the logical and empirical structure of the argument for the most effective discussion.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org...
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org...

As the Contender in this debate it is not my responsibility to prove the resolution false, but to disprove the Cacon; I am unable to do this so long as Con fails to provide a legitimate argument. So as it stands the vote must go to the Pro for upholding their burden by omission of the Con.

The resolution is negated; Back to you Pro!
Hay

Pro

Thanks for accepting this debate.

First of all, there is a very very vast universe as you know and hundreds of galaxies and galaxy clusters etc. Scientists say that planets must be in the Goldilocks zone for liquid water to have a living there. There are about 107 exoplanets/extra solar planets that are in the Goldilocks zone. They could have life if they have water just like Gliese 581-c Liquid water is on this planet.

Next, Scientists have discovered a signal that seemed unusual for it to be from galaxies and stars etc. It was called the wow signal. It stood out from all the other signals. It was believed that it came from an exoplanet 200 light years away which is closer than most of the other exoplanets. It could have been from intelligent life forms. Also I am new to debate.org so thats why I haven't put alot of info and this is my first debate.

I wish you good luck.
DoctorDeku

Con

Refutation 1: Possibility does not indicate Presence-
Postulate 1: My opponent references evidence in favor of is stance, but never actually presents said evidence.
Postulate 2: My opponent has yet to prove that aliens exist, but instead that there is a possibility they could exist.
Conclusion: My opponent has not met the burden he prescribes himself in the resolution.

Refutation 2: Confirmation Bias-
Postulate 1: My opponent's comments concerning the 'wow signals' do not recognize other possible explanations.
Postulate 2: The Wow signal has not been rerecorded since it's first occurrence[1]
Conclusion: My opponent's wow signal argument has no impact and not a reason to vote Pro.
[1] http://en.wikipedia.org...

Refutation 3:Toulmin Method-
Postulate 1: There is no warrant to link Pro's data to his claim.
Postulate 2: There is no impact from Pro's argument.
Conclusion: My opponent has still failed to provide a compelling argument.
Hay

Pro

Hay forfeited this round.
Posted by youngirlwithabigmind 1 year ago
youngirlwithabigmind
I believe that alians exsist for the pure fact that it would be selfish to think otherwise as we have many planets that we feel have nothing on them andj when i say have nothing on them i mean have no other living thing on them and this is just unrealistic as we house thousands of plants. so you mean to tell me humans are the only living form in the whole entiere universe?
Posted by Hay 3 years ago
Hay
I dont want do do this argument.
Vote Placed by tmar19652 3 years ago
tmar19652
HayDoctorDekuTied
Reasons for voting decision: Ff
Vote Placed by Xerge 3 years ago
Xerge
HayDoctorDekuTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's only argues for the possibility of aliens to existing. This, along with Con's refutation, caused Pro not to affirm the resolution. Conduct to Con also for the forfeit.
Vote Placed by RyuuKyuzo 3 years ago
RyuuKyuzo
HayDoctorDekuTied
Reasons for voting decision: Someone should make an account called "You". That way when they FF it will say "You forfeited this round".
Vote Placed by Ike-Jin-Park 3 years ago
Ike-Jin-Park
HayDoctorDekuTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited.