Lido
XavierIzame

Aliens, zombies, and vampires are all possible

Lido

Pro

The main arguments against such phenomena is that no body has ever seen one of these before. However, is the existence of such creatures to be taboo for this reason alone? I for one say no!

This debate Idea comes from a debate I had with a friend in debate class.

His firm position is that seeing is believing, and that until one of these is physically seen, it is not real. Well I detest!

This argument comes from ignorance of the mind!

We thought the word was flat for sure when we first became scientific. finally we found out the truth and were all appaled.

Same could happen with alines zombies and vampires.

I strongly believe that if the world can be round, than all of these creatures exist in the world.

My opponent cannot say they do not exist simply because he has not seen them.

Thankyou.
XavierIzame

Con

Hey, I'm a new user here and this is my first debate. It's sort of funny that I saw this proposition because I was arguing with my friend about this just the other day.
---
First off there's no scientific basis for vampires or zombies.

Vampires by definition are as follows:

A corpse supposed, in European folklore, to leave its grave at night to drink the blood of the living by biting their necks with long pointed canine teeth.

And in Modern story telling vampires have certain traits, when a human is bitten by a vampire then that human will become a vampire.

Zombies are as follows:

A soulless corpse said to be revived by witchcraft, esp. In certain African and Caribbean religions.

They are both reanimated corpses, let's start with zombies.

How would a disease reanimate a corpse?

There's no hope for a zombie invasion if the means isn't there. Even vampires depend on mystical folklore, there's just no way that these beings can exist because they depend on a disease that doesn't exist or some sort of magical force. Even if zombies and vampires could exist, vampires would exterminate the human race in no time even at a rate of one human per month, thus draining them of their food. Zombies would either decay, or simply be destroyed before they could repopulate. It's impossible for their conception and it's impossible for them to sustain existence.
Lido

Pro

Lido forfeited this round.
XavierIzame

Con

XavierIzame forfeited this round.
Lido

Pro

Lido forfeited this round.
XavierIzame

Con

XavierIzame forfeited this round.
Posted by XavierIzame 5 years ago
XavierIzame
I had no idea either. I think it's the 'just because they you don't see them doesn't mean that they don't exist' part.
Posted by caveat 5 years ago
caveat
Which of your several statements is the actual resolution?