SakuraBlossom950
Ja50n

Alisa Boskonovitch is OP

Started: 8/25/2014 Category: Games

SakuraBlossom950

Pro

Alisa Boskonovitch is OP due to her chainsaws and her exsplosive head. On Tekken 6( Her first appearance) she is very strong and kind. She may win her counter characters if you play her very well.
Ja50n

Con

I believe that Alisa is not overpowered due to the fact that her playstyle is very basic.
First of all Alisa's move set consists of grabs and clunky kicks. This exposes her weakness and vulnerability towards close combat characters like steve that relies solely on quick punches and grabs. She is also vulnerable towards characters that can juggle very well such as law and hwoarang who rely on kicks and combos to successfully juggle their opponents

Alisa's command list also consists of tricky moves that involve juggling through airborne combinations. Due to this complexity, it is rare that you'll see good Alisa players online. Unskilled players will then tend to spam kicks which can easily be countered by blocking those kicks and moving in for a grab throw.

Her chainsaw mode is a little bit trickier to handle, however it can be countered by creating some space between you and Alisa then going in for a dash kick/punch to bring her down. Then juggle her successfully until her health bar runs out.

To say that Alisa is overpowered is simply unfair in Tekken. Every character played well can be overpowered. In the end, you have to find a character that suits your play style. Although she seems to be picked a lot in matches, she can be countered very easily if you can properly play your character's strength.
SakuraBlossom950

Pro

SakuraBlossom950 forfeited this round.
Ja50n

Con

Ja50n forfeited this round.
SakuraBlossom950

Pro

SakuraBlossom950 forfeited this round.
Ja50n

Con

As my opponent has forefeited last round I shall extend my arguments
SakuraBlossom950

Pro

SakuraBlossom950 forfeited this round.
Ja50n

Con

Extend arguments
SakuraBlossom950

Pro

SakuraBlossom950 forfeited this round.
Ja50n

Con

Ja50n forfeited this round.
Posted by SakuraBlossom950 2 years ago
SakuraBlossom950
I know me too.
Posted by Ja50n 2 years ago
Ja50n
My apologies I was out when the debate deadline was due
Posted by Ja50n 2 years ago
Ja50n
For future reference please refrain from putting an hour limit on debates. It kinda surprised me the first time so I had to type out my arguments as fast as I could.