Ja50n
SakuraBlossom950

Alisa Boskonovitch is Over Powered (round 2?)

Ja50n
Started: 8/28/2014 Category: Games

Ja50n

Con

Hey seeing as your debate felt a bit unresolved , i decided to make my own and would like a rematch. This time 72 hours to post arguments. I would presume that the reasons why you forfeited was because the time limit was too short to properly form an argument or you were away. I make this assumption because this is my reason for the occasional forfeits of the rounds.

Anyway if you wish to accept we'll just continue from last time.
SakuraBlossom950

Pro

Thank you for letting me do this! I feel that Alisa Boskonovitch is OP due to her very strong and and explosive moves. In her first appearance she was with Lars Alexanderson. He was in trouble, thanks to Alisa she saved him from being crushed. Also, not only is she very strong, in Tekken Tag Tournament she is able to kick her head if anyone is charging at her she is able is fly over and crush them leaving them there able for her to make her next move. She was designed to look like Dr. Boskonovitch's lost daughter. Therefore she has a strong heart and will risk her life to save her friends.

Thank you please rebutt.
Ja50n

Con

I'll save my rebuttals to next round and I ask that you do as well if that's ok.
Arguments
I believe that Alisa is not overpowered due to the fact that her play style is very basic.
First of all Alisa's move set consists of grabs and clunky kicks. This exposes her weakness and vulnerability towards close combat characters like Steve that relies solely on quick punches and grabs. She is also vulnerable towards characters that can juggle very well such as law and hwoarang who rely on kicks and combos to successfully juggle their opponents

Alisa's command list also consists of tricky moves that involve juggling through airborne combinations. Due to this complexity, it is rare that you'll see good Alisa players online. Unskilled players will then tend to spam kicks which can easily be countered by blocking those kicks and moving in for a grab throw.

Her chainsaw mode is a little bit trickier to handle, however once the chainsaw mode is up, it can be countered by creating some space between you and Alisa then going in for a dash kick/punch to bring her down. Then juggle her successfully until her health bar runs out. Also, Alisa needs space to activate her chainsaw mode. So when she backs away, stick close with close jabs.

To say that Alisa is overpowered is simply unfair in Tekken. Every character played well can be overpowered. In the end, you have to find a character that suits your play style. Although she seems to be picked a lot in matches, she can be countered very easily if you can properly play your character's strength.
SakuraBlossom950

Pro

Thank you and I will save my rebuttals.

I do agree that I have lack of using the correct vocabulary. Although, She is very slow and hard to master she is very well at fighting. I see that you have brought Steve Fox and Marshall Law. They are her strongest counter characters. Alisa is very is to juggle toward though her use of Rocket Hands are very useful. If you are being punished on the ground you can use one of her moves "Reboot". This allows Alisa to fly away and also gives her a chance by countering when they make their next move.

I agree that your point of her Destruction Mode is very slow to activate. I also find that her moves with it are very slow. Looking and finding the right time to counter will also give you the right time to deactivate it and then juggle her opponents. True her lack of strength due to new players. In Scenario Campaign she is turned against you planting you with all the characters to fight her with. Simply, she juggles very harshly and does not let you attack her. Of course this is only a computer playing as her. But, if you train with her and study her moves she is very easy to juggle with. In Tekkenpidia it says her fighting style is very similar to Emilile de Rochfort(We all know as Lili). Lili has attacks where she kicks them in the air. As she is airborne she stomps on their chest making them fall leave Lili to both her legs on her opponent. Alisa has a move very similar she kicks the character with both her feet in the air. As her enemy is airborne she activates her wing-like jets, (As you can see in my profile picture) making her fly in ther where she stomps on you leaving your enemy on the floor able for her to start juggling.

Also, she is very beautiful. This also makes new players who have never seen her very happy thinking that her fighting style is weak. Her beauty is a weapon. Speaking of weapons her head is very strong. In Tekken Revolution she is able to do a combo where she takes off her head after her first kick and then forces it toward them, while she drops it into her next kick as if it were a soccer ball. This is very useful if your opponent backs away leaving her to kick her while they still backing away. Her chainsaws are very useful if she is in danger. It helps players feel pumped and able to win.

Also, I may have said she is overpowered. I was wrong it wouldn't be fair only thinking the fact that I am still a little new to Tekken would make me think this way.

As you asked I hope I have rebutted anything. If I did I'm sorry.
Ja50n

Con

"If you are being punished on the ground you can use one of her moves "Reboot". This allows Alisa to fly away and also gives her a chance by countering when they make their next move."

Like i said in my previous arguments this would likely make the opponent stay close to alisa into a dash kick.

"Also, she is very beautiful. This also makes new players who have never seen her very happy thinking that her fighting style is weak. Her beauty is a weapon"

I'll admit she's pretty but please remember that this is a debate about her whether she is an unbalanced character

"Also, I may have said she is overpowered. I was wrong it wouldn't be fair only thinking the fact that I am still a little new to Tekken would make me think this way."

Pro has conceded by saying that she Alisa is not overpowered
SakuraBlossom950

Pro

"Pro has conceded by say Alisa is not overpowered."

I hear this as if I have lost the argument. I meant that your argument was correct and that I was wrong. It does not mean I have given up.

"Like I said in my previous arguments this would likely make the opponent stay close into Alisa into a dash kick."

True, she is easy to juggle against.But, as I have read her Tekkenpidia description she has a unique cyborg fighting style, meaning she uses moves that are not human-like. This also means there are attacks that are powerful, but slow. If your opponent is on the ground you may juggle and also punish harshly. Lately, I have been studying her fighting style and which move is the trickiest, which combo is the longest and the fastest, etc... I see very many attacks with kicks that are easy to cheat with. When I searched a Ranked match of Alisa, this character barely used any kicking moves. Alisa mostly punched and remove her head. My point is Alisa needs practice to master. But, honestly who would have only Alisa as their best character? As you may have noticed, Lili is my second favorite character. Lili and Alisa make a very good pair together,mostly because they fight very similar.

"I'll admit she's pretty but please remember that this is a debate about her whether she is an unbalanced character"

I do have to say this is a very smart rebuttal mostly because it's true. But, physically speaking, her face is very beautiful if she gives you her head you will be scared of course then you will realize some things you haven't probably noticed in combat and then it will soon blow up and she will be able to juggle and punish painfully.

Continue...
Ja50n

Con

"This also means there are attacks that are powerful, but slow. If your opponent is on the ground you may juggle and also punish harshly. Lately, I have been studying her fighting style and which move is the trickiest, which combo is the longest and the fastest, etc... I see very many attacks with kicks that are easy to cheat with. "

What my opponent might be trying to explain is that there are two ways to play Alisa. One in which to focus solely on punches and another solely on kicks.

However, there are flaws in each of these fighting styles.
The punching focused style can be countered by a method called turtling. (1) This involves staying still to block her onslaught of punches and grabs and wait for a counter attack which would then deal extra damage to her.

The kicking focused styles flaws have thankfully been described by my opponent as "attacks that are powerful, but slow" this means that characters specializing in close quarter combat such as Steve and Bob easily keep close and punish her with jab combos.

"But, physically speaking, her face is very beautiful if she gives you her head you will be scared of course"

My opponent is suggesting that the absurdity of her taking of her head may confuse players and will make them hesitate about making any moves to counter the grab. This may work 1 time on the opponent, but after that many decent players will realize that it can be countered like any other grab move.

Thanks to my opponent for continuing on my debate from last time

(1) http://en.wikipedia.org...(gameplay)
SakuraBlossom950

Pro

"What my opponent might be trying to explain is that there are two ways to play Alisa. One in which to focus solely on punches and another solely on kicks."

"However, there are flaws in each of these fighting styles.
The punching focused style can be countered by a method called turtling. (1) This involves staying still to block her onslaught of punches and grabs and wait for a counter attack which would then deal extra damage to her."

If they are on the floor you may back up and wait the next attack. Some players are smart to dodge when you dash attack her. But, if I have my correct calculations, Alisa has many punish attacks. This helps her stop the running character and leaving them airborne or on the floor to punish or juggle.

"The kicking focused styles flaws have thankfully been described by my opponent as 'attacks that are powerful, but slow' this means that characters specializing in close quarter combat such as Steve and Bob easily keep close and punish her with jab combos."

Yes, I have said her attacks are slow and powerful. But, if I recall my studies, she has very many punish attacks that make her hover. This is one of her very many rare quick punishes. She pushes the character to the floor. Also she has a kick that lets her kick her feet in the air where the enemy flies very high. This also can dodge slides. I have seen it before. I could never do it because I'm too slow. But I'm still new to Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

"This may work 1 time on the opponent, but after that many decent players will realize that it can be countered like any other grab move."

As listed in her command list, this move is called, "Spam Bomb". In Tekken Tag Tournament 2, she can do Spam Bomb and then grab. This is not listed in the command list. In fact it is known as a hidden move. Simply, while the character is holding her head, she quickly drags them down into any grab. When she finishes attacking, the head explodes.
Posted by Ja50n 2 years ago
Ja50n
Thanks for the compliment and debate :)
Posted by SakuraBlossom950 2 years ago
SakuraBlossom950
Good job, Ja50n! You did good. Also, I am wrong and she isn't OP. Well done.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
Ja50nSakuraBlossom950Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This is largely a subjective debate. But: "I meant that your argument was correct and that I was wrong. It does not mean I have given up." seems incoherent to me--Pro, you DID concede that AB was not OP--and that was the resolution...so...you DID lose. I often give conduct for a real concession, but this one was...strange.