terrorizedorphan1
LtnDog

All American whistleblowers should not be prosecuted for their actions

terrorizedorphan1

Pro

In light of the recent outrage of the prosecution of Chelsea Manning, Edward Snowden,Thomas Drake and John Kiriakou as well as President Barack Obama's speech at Nelson Mandela's funeral where he stated: "there are too many leaders who claim solidarity with Mandela's struggle for freedom but do not tolerate dissent from their own people" I believe that The United States of America should not prosecute any and all whistleblowers of their actions, First round is acceptance and the final round is a summary of all arguements presented in the debate (British Parliamentary style)
Opp has to provide the burden of proof
And Good Luck
LtnDog

Con

I accept this debate. I believe All whistle blowers that are or are not American should indeed be prosecuted for their harmful action. I wish my opponent good luck...
terrorizedorphan1

Pro

So I will start today's debate by telling you about my arguments that I plan on explaining:
Firstly I will look at all the secrets that these people revealed, why they needed to be revealed and to prove why we need whistle blowers in our society

And Secondly why the Government should not prosecute people for revealing their secrets

I will look at all the secrets that these people revealed, why they needed to be revealed and prove why we need whistle blowers in our society.

Lets start with John Kiriakou first, a man who was previously a CIA Analyst who released information about the CIA's actions in the form of torture. He told us of the brutal form of torture where people were people were waterboarded so that the CIA could extract information from them
Chelsea Manning was famous for release army secrets via. wikileaks, led by Julian Assange, she is currently in prison for exposing war crimes conducted by the United States
And finally Edward Snowden, a man I am sure we all know and is my personal role model, a man who exposed to the world the CIAs privacy violations of the world.
This is just 3 people that I have told you about there are hundreds of whistleblowers around the world and for all of the cases mentioned they have exposed attrocities against humanity that contradict the very constitution of the United States and yet they are the ones who are being prosecuted, not the CIA, the people who actually committed these atrocities, but the whistleblowers. What they are doing is honest and truthful, how can we grow up and being taught to follow our constitution and to be good citizens by respecting other people's rights of privacy and respect people of other countries, yet we constantly hear about how the very Government that is supposed to protect us is brutally torturing people of other countries over suspected allegations ( John Kiriakou) And I think that they should not be prosecuted because they can see that what is being done is wrong and should not be happening and they want to tell the world of what is happening. It is not them who at fault here, they just had courage in their convictions and did not approve of what their Government did, so why should they be convicted when they are voicing their opinions and showing the other people of their nation the crimes that their Government is committing?
LtnDog

Con

LtnDog forfeited this round.
terrorizedorphan1

Pro

terrorizedorphan1 forfeited this round.
LtnDog

Con

LtnDog forfeited this round.
terrorizedorphan1

Pro

terrorizedorphan1 forfeited this round.
LtnDog

Con

LtnDog forfeited this round.
Posted by LtnDog 3 years ago
LtnDog
Okay.
Posted by terrorizedorphan1 3 years ago
terrorizedorphan1
I forgot to post my sources so I'll post them next round, is that alright?