All Christians should be against legalized prostitution.

Full resolution: Every Christian should be against legalized prostitution never pro.

1. No forfeits
3. No trolling or semantics
4. My opponent accepts all of the following definitions and waives his/her right to challenge these definitions
5. The BOP is shared
6. Both debaters must follow this format:
R1: Acceptance
R2: Arguments (No rebuttals)
R3: Rebuttals and arguments
R4: Conclusions (No new arguments or rebuttals in this round)
7. You must be or have been a Christian to accept this debate.
8. Violation of any of these rules or of any of the R1 set-up merits a loss of a conduct point.

I accept this debate. I would like to thank pro for instigating this interesting debate and I await pro's opening arguments.

Thank you for accepting I hope this will be a fun and great debate for evryone.

Firstly I will define the words Christians, legalize and prostitution.
The word Christians means " A devote follower of the Jesus and the Bible."The word legalize means " To make (something that was previously illegal) permissible by law." The word prostitution means " The practice or occupation of engaging in sexual activity with someone for payment."

My twist on other numerous dictionary definitions.

The Bible. </strong>
The Bible mentions prostitution as a bad thing as mentioned on these verses:

Deuteronomy 23:17-18

"None of the daughters of Israel shall be a cult prostitute, nor shall any of the sons of Israel be a cult prostitute. "You shall not bring the hire of a harlot or the wages of a dog into the house of the LORD your God for any votive offering, for both of these are an abomination to the LORD your God.

Genesis 38:24

Now it was about three months later that Judah was informed, "Your daughter-in-law Tamar has played the harlot, and behold, she is also with child by harlotry." Then Judah said, "Bring her out and let her be burned!"

Jeremiah 5:7

"Why should I pardon you? Your sons have forsaken Me And sworn by those who are not gods When I had fed them to the full, They committed adultery And trooped to the harlot's house.

1 Corinthians 6:15-16

Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take away the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? May it never be! Or do you not know that the one who joins himself to a prostitute is one body with her? For He says, "The two shall become one flesh ."

Luke 15:30

but when this son of yours came, who has devoured your wealth with prostitutes, you killed the fattened calf for him.'

Proverbs 29:3

A man who loves wisdom makes his father glad, But he who keeps company with harlots wastes his wealth.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11

Do you not know that the unjust will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers nor boy prostitutes nor sodomites nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God. That is what some of you used to be; but now you have had yourselves washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Thank you all for reading. I now await Con's arguments. ( Sorry for the bad grammar English is my third language.)

That1User forfeited this round.

I extend all my previous arguments.

That1User forfeited this round.

ClashnBoom forfeited this round.

That1User forfeited this round.
Posted by really12 1 year ago
Religious belief and law (moral code) are two different things.
Posted by ClashnBoom 1 year ago
Wait. Your profile said your undecided on this topic.
Posted by ClashnBoom 1 year ago
Well, I'm most probably screwed but I will fight this battle with the Bible at my side so I have a little chance.
Vote Placed by orangutan 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeits in multiple rounds