holla1755
PowerPikachu21

All Dreams Will Come True

PowerPikachu21 has forfeited round #2.

holla1755

Pro

It seems I often hear that all dreams will come true. It seems I hear suggestions of the type in music lyrics, movies, speeches, and statements by significant figures.

Shirley Ann Jackson, Ph.D., President of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, a college I attended, said in an NPR interview on March 4, 2009 "The advice I give to young people is fundamentally to not let others put limits on who you think you can be, ... ."

Around the time President Trump was inaugurated on January 20, 2017, he said "Do not allow anyone to tell you that it cannot be done" (@WhiteHouse on Twitter, https://twitter.com..., posted Jan. 21, 2017, last visited Jul. 16, 2017), suggesting that any dream can come true.

All of this evidence suggests that all dreams will come true.
PowerPikachu21

Con

I once dreamt I saw a dragon, and it became my friend and we went on amazing adventures through Pokemon, Fairy Tail, and [insert other fictional universes]. But I don't think that will come true. Unless Pro could show that dragons do exist, and that I can go into the world of Pokemon, this dream can never come true. [Okay, I haven't dreamed this in my sleep, but I wish it could happen.]
holla1755

Pro

By "dream," I mean an ambition; I do not mean one of those mental experiences experienced during sleep.

You don't think your dream will come true, but there are many public suggestions that it will come true.

It would be bad if all these admired sources, including music lyrics, music videos, and statements by important people including the president of a prestigious college and the President of the United States, were lying to us about all our dreams coming true and anything being possible. It would be dishonest, misleading, and counterproductive in developing a better society. Perhaps those sources could even be legally sued or criminally prosecuted for misleading and deceptive business practices. I do not want to believe false nonsense.

I wonder whether there is anybody from the present or past who has had all his or her dreams come true. I don't know of any such person.

It would be great for all my dreams to come true.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 6 months ago
PowerPikachu21
I forgot about this debate, Sorry.
Posted by NDECD1441 6 months ago
NDECD1441
Do you mean a dream when you sleep or an ambition. As pro you gotta set the debate.