All Movies Fall Together Within a Single Universe

For the sake of this debate, I would like to clarify something.

When it is stated that all movies fall together in a single universe, this is a hypothesis that I am currently in process of developing. Even in movies in which inter-universal/inter-dimensional travel occurs, I am certain that it all comes back to one single universe. The reasoning behind starting this debate is that I am entirely intrigued to see if my opponent may present a way in which this does not work.

Starting in the next round, I shall begin to outline how exactly some movies begin to fit together. The first round, to my opponent, shall be for acceptance.

Please do keep in mind, this is very experimental and it shall be a learning experience for all of us.

I mean no offence, but the point being made is frankly foolish. For instance, look at the films Lincoln and and Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. They share a protagonist but one happens in our own universe while the other occurs in a fantasy universe which contains non-existant creatures.

"I mean no offence, but the point being made is frankly foolish. For instance, look at the films Lincoln and and Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. They share a protagonist but one happens in our own universe while the other occurs in a fantasy universe which contains non-existant creatures."

Yes, admittedly, it was foolish of me not to clarify that further. A couple wonderful questions were brought up in the comments and I'd like to address those quickly and efficiently so as to minimize confusions.

1.) Which universe does this take place in? This takes place in a universe that is alternate from our own. However, it does still maintain parallels to our own, thus allowing for movies set in the "modern day."

2.) Does this encompass all movies? Yes. It does, indeed, encompass all movies and, for the sake of argument, television shows (non-cartoons) as well.

3.) Are you about to sound like an utter loon? Potentially but oh well. I'm all in at this point.

Moving along.

It does become imperative to my case that you first watch this video (Video #1):

This entire area of subjectivity is greatly summed up by a man named Jon Negroni who developed the "Pixar Theory." It is also highly recommended that you read up on his theory. A link will be provided in the references/sources section at the end of my argument. [1]

Now, with this in mind, I can immediately tell that doubt is beginning to form in one's mind, if it wasn't there already or, perhaps, doubt is beginning to fade away. Nevertheless, we shall move on.

So, the question is now begged:

"Well, Code, that's all fine and dandy but how is it that every movie fits into this big idea?"

The answer is much simpler than one would think. If we think back to the example of Cars in which there are sentient objects and every object has the ability to feel. Something that is completely unnoticed by the human species is an example hiding in an old television series from 1982. That's right, Knight Rider. Knight Rider is the first sentient car and through its sentience, it acts in such a way that it helps David Hasslehoff defeat his enemies while delivering fun times all the way through. Knight Rider was originally claimed as a car with artificial intelligence (AI) but what if, in fact, it was the first time in which humans in this universe had successfully engineered a fully sentient car?

Moving right along with David Hasslehoff, we can find him in Baywatch. Now, this isn't particularly exciting in and of itself but remember how he played a lifeguard? Wonderful. Move along to the Spongebob Squarepants Movie now. (Yes, that's right, this can even encompass this realm.) David Hasslehoff, in the Spongebob Squarepants Movie played a lifeguard and wore the same red shorts that can so commonly be seen being worn by him in Baywatch. Spongebob Squarepants occurred in the very same universe, on the very same planet even, as that of Finding Nemo. The only difference is that Finding Nemo took place over near Australia while Spongebob Squarepants would be noted somewhere off the western coast of North America.

So that brings us back around to the idea of Disney movies. I certainly hope that both my opponent and the voters have stuck with me thus far. In the next round, I will be delving into how movies such as Marvel's The Avengers can take place in the same universe as The Hobbit and how things such as Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter can co-exist in a universe with Lincoln and even Harry Potter. However, at this exact point in time, I do wish to leave the voters and my opponent with this mere introduction to the idea.

I sincerely look forward to my opponent's response and to see what he may have to offer towards this idea thus far.

I have read about the pixar theory before but I do not believe that it should be cited as evidence because it is after all just a theory that is based on pure speculation.

The thought that David Hasselhoff's character can connect Knight Rider and Baywatch may seem air tight, but we can't confuse actors with characters because we often see the same characters being played by different actors in the same series. The following film franchises have had a major character change between installments.

James Bond- Bond franchise- Played by Barry Nelson, Bob Holness, Bob Simmons, Sean Connery, Roger Moore, George Lazenby, Timothy Dalton, Michael Jayston, Pierce Brosnan, and Daniel Craig.

Jack Ryan- Jack Ryan Franchise- Played by Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford, Ben Afflek, and Chris Pine

Rachel Dawes- Christopher Nolan's Batman Franchise- Played by Katie Holmes and Maggie Gyllenhaal

James Rhodes- Iron Man Franchise- Played by Terrence Howard and Don Cheadle

Professor Dumbledore- Harry Potter Franchise- Played by Richard Harris and Michael Gambon

I would also like to refrence the new Star Trek franchise which occurs in a universe paralell to that of the original Star Trek's and as it is specified that they don't exist in the same universe the topic of debate is rendered invalid.

codemeister13 forfeited this round.

In this argument I would like to cite movies that contain other real movies and references to their existence as movies because by doing so they tell us they exist is separate universes.

She's All That- "I feel just like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. You know, except for the whole hooker thing."

American Pie- "Did you see The Little Mermaid on TV yesterday? Ariel, she's so hot!"

Mr. Mom- "My wife and I went to the movies the other day, we saw Rocky. While I'm watching it, I'm thinking 'This guy has taken some falls' you know."

One Eight Seven- I can't find the quote, but The character C"sar forces Mr. Garfield to play Russian Roulette with him after having watched Deer Hunter.

The Heartbreak Kid- "Yeah, and you know why she hates Caddyshack? 'Cause she said that the gopher looked too fake."

codemeister13 forfeited this round.

To summarize the points made actors do not equal characters and cannot tie franchises together, many movies reference each other proving that they don't coexist in the same universe, and Some movies even state that they exist in universes separate from each other finally proving the fallacy of the claim.
Posted by codemeister13 2 years ago
Yes, I suppose I should clarify. As I said, this is incredibly experimental. Honestly, as I go into it, I may sound like a bit of a loon.

They all take place in their own physical universe. One that is similar to ours, thus allowing us things that are supposed to take place in the "modern day."

I am arguing that all movies take place in the same universe. See above for a better explanation.

All movies.
Posted by Krazzy_Player 2 years ago
Again Can you please explain What this debate is about?
Posted by CrazyCowMan 2 years ago
ALL movies? Just to clarify.
Posted by Krazzy_Player 2 years ago
What in particular you are arguing here?
Posted by Hematite12 2 years ago
I'm afraid I don't understand. What universe? The physical universe?

At what time in the universe? At the present, or also the past, or also the future?
Vote Placed by Geogeer 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con wins for both better arguments and the forfeit of Pro. Pro gets a point for mentioning Knight Rider.