SRiashy
judeifeanyi

All Parents Should Attend Parenting Classes

SRiashy

Pro

Parenting classes can help parents give a better grasp on what to expect, learn more about parenting and discipline styles and help them feel more confident and in control as parents.
judeifeanyi

Con

It is a great honour to be debating on this motion. First of all, let me start by exposing the weaknesses of the side proposition. The team proposition has failed to define the basic term which include: parent, parenting,and classes..now parent can be defined as a persons father or mother, while parenting is the process of caring for your children..now lets alp ourselves why should parents go for classes? It is not important at all because before one goes into marriage, the person might have known what is there and since the person has been trained from childhood the person should have known what is there..we all have feelings.. Information has shown that 9opercent of our parents do not attend classes and yet they still train,discipline their children well..so why waste time in attending classes when we know its of no important?
SRiashy

Pro

First I will answer your question "Why should parents go for classes" : Most parenting classes help parents to understand their roles better. A new parenting class might talk about infants and their needs and safety, while a teen parenting class may focus on discipline and trust. Regardless of the age of the children, a parenting class can help become a more confident parent by learn strategies to stay close to children as you raise them to be functioning members of society.
You're saying that it is not necessary, today we are facing a lot of problems in our society and most of them are because of the lack of discipline towards their children.
judeifeanyi

Con

Indeed i agree with you that they would be thought..but then let me ask you this question, what about parents who have been treating, training their children all this while in a good and moral way did they attend any parenting class? Now let me use personal anecdote, my parents are loving and caring ones, they teach me the right ways starting from our first even though they have not attended any class..don't you know it is absolute waste of time, and money to be attending that instead of doing things more important..now for parents who go to work in the morning and return in the evening do you expect them to come to classess instead of resting? Indeed it is waste of time and energy and contribute little or less in the nation building
SRiashy

Pro

You are saying that your parents are perfect? No one is... Maybe to you they are perfect but to the world they're not you think they are perfect because THEY raised you using THEIR methods which you think is right. I'm not saying they're bad parents... I respect them but my point is that if we have a way to get better at something why don't we use it? A little more education never hurtsomebody. Everything in this world can improve if we can improve it why don't we do it? It may cost us a little money or some time but in the end it's for our own good. I hope I mafe myself clear and thank you for sharing your thoughts with me :)
judeifeanyi

Con

Indeed, I accept with all gladness that my parents are not perfect just like you said..but what am saying is this, should our parents go for classess when they can train their children well? You didn't even answer my question in the first place..i have given reliable source which i gave personal reasons..in some country, 95percent of our parents do not go for training and yet their children do not die, or even fail in any spheres of life..in terms of discipline, they are disciplined and even marry..now why won't they have good knowledge of raising their children when that same parent are been raised by another parent? Indeed the class or parenting class will not even change them if they want to treat them bad..so the class adds little or no value in the lives of our parents......so it should never be encouraged
Posted by Swagmasterpoopoo 3 years ago
Swagmasterpoopoo
SRiashy is hot.
Posted by Swagmasterpoopoo 3 years ago
Swagmasterpoopoo
SRiashy is hot.
Vote Placed by zmikecuber 3 years ago
zmikecuber
SRiashyjudeifeanyiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct is tied. Both were respectful. Pro has better S/G. Neither side made very convincing arguments. No sources used.
Vote Placed by miketheman1200 3 years ago
miketheman1200
SRiashyjudeifeanyiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro loses conduct for spam. Con had better spelling. Both arguments were lacking.
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
SRiashyjudeifeanyiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Arguments is tied.con gets conduct points because pro has spammed at least 10 debates to get someone to vote on this. Con also has better grammar.
Vote Placed by Buckethead31594 3 years ago
Buckethead31594
SRiashyjudeifeanyiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con never addressed why it would be a bad idea for parents to attend classes in the final round.