Casiopia
masterzanzibar

All Pitbull's should be euthanized

Casiopia

Pro

To start, I'm not actually for this, but I think it is an interesting topic. I definitely think there are aggression issues with pit bulls, but perhaps someone can enlighten me. I've seen Ceaser Milan on tv and he's got a great Pit Bull (Baby is her name I think) but I believe Ceaser is the exception to the rule. Get at me yo!
masterzanzibar

Con

i don't really know why i accepted this debate, but good luck Casiopia! here we go!

i strongly negate the resolution that all pit bulls should be euthanized.

I will begin by attacking my opponent's case and conclude with the construction of my own.
my opponent makes the implication that because "there are aggression issues with pit bulls" that all pit bulls should be euthanized. before i propose my argument against this statement, lets get one thing straight. my opponent reveals within his own case that there clearly are exceptions to the notion that all pit bulls have "aggression issues" with Ceaser Milan's pit bull Baby. So although there are pit bulls who may be aggressive, it would be fallacious to conclude that all pit bulls are aggressive, or that there is any correlation between ALL pit bulls and aggression.

Now that we have that straight, my opponent's whole case lies upon the notion that ALL pit bulls should be euthanized because of aggression issues. He -and I- have clearly established that there is no link between ALL pit bulls and aggression. However, my opponent advocates that because of a few aggressive pit bulls we should wipe the pit bull specimen of dog in its entirety off the face of this planet. should all humans be euthanized because a few are aggressive? should we furthermore eliminate every specimen off the face of this planet whom has ever shown any signs of aggression? you answer yes to the questions provided when you side with the logic of the PRO.

now on to my points

CONTENTION 1(& only)- hyped up!
despite what the media has hyped them up to be, pit bulls are incredibly less dangerous than the average breed.
"In a study of 122 dog breeds by the American Temperament Testing Society, Pit bulls achieved a passing rate of 83.9%. Beagles scored 78.2% and golden retrievers, 83.2%." ATTS.org in 08

"In the ATT test, a dog is put through a series of confrontational situations, and any sign of panic or aggression leads to failure of the test. THE HIGH SCORING OF PITBULLS IN THIS STUDY DISPROVES THE WIDELY HELD BELIEF THAT THIS BREED IS INHERENTLY MEAN AND AGRESSIVE TO PEOPLE." williams in 08

to euthanize this breed of dog because of aggressive nature would be completely illogical, for there are several breeds that are much more aggressive, breeds including some of america's most beloved dogs, Lassie and Airbud. which we all know the impact of euthanizing Lassie and Airbud would inevitably be a WW3 concluded by a nuclear holocaust.

if you value any manner of life on this planet once so ever, it is your obligation to vote CON.
Casiopia

Pro

All Pit bulls should be euthanized bc...
They're baby killers
They will bite your face off
They will bite your kids face off
The dogs name is Pit Bull b/c they were raised to fight in pits.
Cesar Milan is an illegal immigrant
Their is an enormous overpopulation problem of dogs across the USA.
Population of dogs (61,080,000) in the USA. Keep it that way by euthanizing pit bulls.

American tax dollars are going to feed and keep these animals alive, and not just in the shelters, while most of their owners breed and train them to fight and kill.
The public health epidemic of dog bites—which number more than 4.5 million each year—is due in part to uncontrolled breeding of pets. Bites by so-called dangerous dogs have drawn an enormous amount of media attention, and fatalities caused by dangerous dogs are a serious concern. Often, the vicious tendencies found in some dog breeds can be attributed to irresponsible breeding without regard for temperament. Neutering can help reduce this aggressive behavior.
Clearly, pet overpopulation is not just a problem for the animals or for the shelters involved. Each year communities are forced to spend millions of taxpayer dollars trying to cope with the consequences of this surplus of pets. These public costs include services such as investigating animal cruelty, humanely capturing stray animals, and sheltering lost and homeless animals

Reference Sources:
1. Doris Day Animal League (DDAL)
2. Humane Society of the United States (HSUS)
3. Journal of Applied Animal Welfare Science (JAAWS)
4. Massachusetts SPCA
5. Save Our Strays

http://www.sniksnak.com...

All information below is from Wikipedia
Most shelters destroy Pit Bulls bc they know how dangerous they are, let's just nip this problem in the bud and finish these killers off.

In shelters across the United States, Pit Bulls or dogs that appear to be Pit Bulls comprise a large portion of the shelter's population and may be destroyed due to the stigma associated with the breed (or because of overcrowding). [7]

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) published a study concerning deaths from canine attacks in 2000. [35] According to the study, between 1979 and 1998, one-third of all fatal dog attacks were caused by Pit Bull type dogs. The highest number of attacks (118) were by Pit Bull type dogs, the next highest being Rottweilers at 67.
novice owners.

Pit Bulls are said to be popular with irresponsible owners, who see these dogs as a symbol of status or machismo.[65] This type of owner may be less likely to socialize, train, or desex their pet. It is known that unneutered male dogs account for a disproportionate amount of all fatal dog attacks. Some say that many of those who do not believe in altering male dogs also believe that having and training an aggressive dog "goes with the territory," so to speak. Irresponsible ownership can have a great impact on how a breed is represented in attack statistics.

Pit Bulls are often used for dog fights, due to their strength, courage and widespread availability. Fight training often means using other dogs of the same sex, as most dogs will not show aggression towards the opposite sex. The true "pit dogs" have excellent attitudes towards humans and show aggression to other animals and other dogs. Although dog fighting is illegal in the United States, it is still practiced, and is sometimes accompanied by gambling. In the United States Commonwealth of Virginia, for example, it is a felony to organize, promote, be employed by, or wager on a dogfight, whether one is physically present at the fight or not. Laws vary in other states, but most states have some laws to address dogfighting.

Ultimately the problem will only get worse and Lassie and airbud wont even be around to save the day b/c the vicious pitbull next door tore it's throat out and now has the taste of blood and the next victim could be you or yours.
Vote PRO...If not for you, do it for the children...the next generation is at stake.

Be wise...Euthanize
masterzanzibar

Con

masterzanzibar forfeited this round.
Casiopia

Pro

Yo Con...wher u at? Get at me dogg! one hundred characters is fun to type, i love typing, typie, type type...It is fun to forfeit b/c I get to type while you two frolick in the sand stepping on piss clams and rubbing each others ashy nipples.
masterzanzibar

Con

Alright sorry Dawgs yall gotta chill ya know chill ! HOLLA! BABY I HOLLA BACK AT YOU all around dat 24/7 yanadadamean dawg?

to interpret: i deeply apologize for missing the last round casopia. i owe you one. homie.

anywhom, my reason for not providing the hmtl link to the sources is because i am lazy. if you really are that interested in discrediting my sources than go check out the American Temperament Testing Society at ATTS.org. a source which i believe i sited last round. sadly, i do not have any sources backing up the claim that the euthanization of airbud and lassie would eventually lead to a nuclear holocaust. sorry to dissapoint you theLwerd. it would be lovley if you would stop harassing me.

now on to attack my opponents contentions:
1.They're baby killers- has not substantiated this point once so ever. drop it.

2.They will bite your face off- provides no evidence that leads us to this conclusion. drop it.

3.They will bite your kids face off-"provides no evidence that leads us to this conclusion. drop it.

4.The dogs name is Pit Bull b/c they were raised to fight in pits.-
im glad that my opponent brought this up because i forgot to mention this in my last round. pit fighting in the united states is illegal, and many experts agree that the main reason why we see agression in some pitbulls is because of the the way their owner has raised them. Mr. Goldfarb is an issues specialist for companion-care animals at the Humane Society of the United States . he states that "we should look beyond a dog's particular breed or bloodline into and furtherbehavior and responsible pet ownership" therein lies the problem. nytimes in 08

you should also look to the evidence i provided from the ATTS about pittbulls having a better approval rating than the average dog in reguards to Behavior Toward Strangers, Hidden Noise and gunshots, reaction to visual stimulus, reaction to Tactile Stimuli, and most importantly Self Protective/Aggressive Behavior which includes testing reactions to Non-Threatening people, threatening people, and agressive people. pitbulls -as i stated before have an 83.4 percent approval rating while the average score for most dogs was 81.6 percent. from this evidence we can easily and logically conclude that it is not every pitbull's tendency to randomly attack a human being, and according to the tests done they are more friendly than your average dog. drop his point.

4.Cesar Milan is an illegal immigrant- nice. -drop it

5&6.Their is an enormous overpopulation problem of dogs across the USA.

why would we euthanize pitbills when according to the ATTS there are breeds far more agressive than them. if my opponent wants to advocate population control with dogs than so be it, but there is no reason why we should euthanize pitbulls before more agressive breeds. drop this.

my opponent himself even agrees that the problem is not the pitbulls themselves but the "novice owners". so instead of euthanizing every single pittbull why dont we have mandatory pitbulls education training for owners and solve the problem.

extend my points and vote con!
Posted by Mangani 8 years ago
Mangani
I won't vote on this debate because I am very biased, and neither debater took the topic seriously, but if either of you would really like to debate this topic I would love to. I have been a Pit Bull breeder for the past 7 years. I have also rescued pitbulls, and helped train them. Let me know if you want to learn a little something about pitbulls...
Posted by Casiopia 9 years ago
Casiopia
Scratch genius, I meant brilliant. My Bad, I get those two compliments mixed up b/c I hear them so much. (ha ha jk, but seriously, it's true)
Posted by Casiopia 9 years ago
Casiopia
THX XERA,
I will confess this is not the first time I've been referred to as "genius" in regards to spaying/neutering any animal with fur. I have a tag line I always use..."Pit Bulls are cuter w/ a little neuter."
Posted by masterzanzibar 9 years ago
masterzanzibar
the full correct name for pittbulls is American Staffordshire Terrier. its there check it one more time!
Posted by Xera 9 years ago
Xera
Con gets my vote because PRO made brilliant arguments for why we should spay/neuter all pit bulls, and why responsible ownership is bad, but did not really explain how euthanizing them all is the only beneficial alternative.

I agree with Lwerd in regards to citations. These are not easily accessible to most here, and therefor can not be substantiated in most cases. The one good citation you gave absolutely no information that I could find about pit bulls. I found hounds and poodles and terriers galore, but no pit bulls. I voted for you not because you provided good argument, but because PRO failed to show why euthanasia is better than other alternatives.
Posted by djexcelsior 9 years ago
djexcelsior
I'm afraid i have to say im with theLwerd on this one. i too believe that all gays have aids and that pots and kettles are very similar, and it therefore can be concluded that all pitbulls are homosexual and carry aids and should be euthanized. CASE CLOSED!
Posted by masterzanzibar 9 years ago
masterzanzibar
sorry for forfieting that round casopia. i look forward to debating you again sometime because you ain't frontin boi!
slip the gray man a fact yow! when the body ges dat booty yackin you lay her down and slackem yackem! g thang! word!
Posted by Casiopia 9 years ago
Casiopia
I'm shooting for a tie on this b/c master Z forfeited a round and Cesar Milan is an illegal immigrant and his pit bull baby could be wanted for all kinds of murders in Mexico.
Posted by Rezzealaux 9 years ago
Rezzealaux
I'm not going to read or vote since I'm not exactly interested in reading about pitbulls but....

Is it just me, or does this resolution advocate extinction of a subspecies?
Posted by Casiopia 9 years ago
Casiopia
Yea con, what theLwerd said and that goes double for me.
Vote Placed by InquireTruth 8 years ago
InquireTruth
CasiopiamasterzanzibarTied
Vote Placed by yesikant 8 years ago
yesikant
CasiopiamasterzanzibarTied
Vote Placed by buckeye 9 years ago
buckeye
CasiopiamasterzanzibarTied
Vote Placed by Casiopia 9 years ago
Casiopia
CasiopiamasterzanzibarTied
Vote Placed by Killer542 9 years ago
Killer542
CasiopiamasterzanzibarTied
Vote Placed by Jamcke 9 years ago
Jamcke
CasiopiamasterzanzibarTied
Vote Placed by djexcelsior 9 years ago
djexcelsior
CasiopiamasterzanzibarTied
Vote Placed by currie_jean 9 years ago
currie_jean
CasiopiamasterzanzibarTied
Vote Placed by Xera 9 years ago
Xera
CasiopiamasterzanzibarTied
Vote Placed by masterzanzibar 9 years ago
masterzanzibar
CasiopiamasterzanzibarTied