SebUK
Z4RQUON

All Races are equal

Z4RQUON

SebUK

Con

The burden of proof lies onto my opponent since 'All races are equal' is a positive statement.
Z4RQUON

Pro

To defeat the motion, all I have to do is show that the races of humanity, as distinguished by their various morphological differences are not the same. People of different races may be completely equivalent in terms of intelligence, athletic ability, or in terms of a particular skill-set but the fact that morphological differences actually exist they can not be said to be the same.

That is to say, all races are not equal.
SebUK

Con

Thank you for proving my point and goodbye , Next time maybe think which side you are choosing .
Z4RQUON

Pro

Your adopted argument fails. The divisions of "races" within humanity have absolutely no basis in objective reality, they are purely subjective. Any PERCEIVED morphological differences between "races" are not actually mutually exclusive -- and therefore an arbitrary dividing line to use -- but are merely a side-effect of the fading cultural tendency to separate into groups based upon appearance.

Even the concept of species is spurious at best, the most commonly used (but not only) definition indicates that animals which do not interbreed can be considered separate species but this does not necessarily mean that different species can't interbreed. The dividing line in this case is arbitrary and subjective, as it is with "race".

All races may be perceived to not be equal, but they ACTUALLY are because that dividing line does not actually exist.
SebUK

Con

'All races may be perceived to not be equal, but they ACTUALLY are because that dividing line does not actually exist.'
On average, Orientals are slower to mature, less fertile, less sexually active, less aggressive, and have larger brains and higher IQ scores. Blacks are at the other pole. Whites fall in the middle, but closer to Orientals than to Blacks. The usual reason given for Black athletic success is that Blacks have little chance to get ahead elsewhere. Blacks have from 3 to 19% more of the sex hormone testosterone than Whites or East Asians. The testosterone translates into more explosive energy. Among Blacks, Whites and Orientals
TraitBlacksWhitesOrientals
Brain Size:
Cranial capacity1,267 1,347 1,364
Cortical neurons (millions)13,185 13,665 13,767
Bigger brains have more brain cells and this leads to higher IQs. The races vary in brain size. The Collaborative Perinatal Project followed more than 35,000 children from birth to seven years. Orientals had larger brains than Whites at birth, four months, one year, and seven years. Whites had larger brains than Blacks at all ages (see Chart 2). The data on adults in Chart 2 come from a sample of 6,325 U.S. Army personnel. The more north the people went "Out of Africa," the harder it was to get food, gain shelter, make clothes, and raise children. So the groups that evolved into today's Whites and Orientals needed larger brains, more family stability, and a longer life. But building a bigger brain takes time and energy during a person's development. So, these changes were balanced by slower rates of growth, lower levels of sex hormones, less aggression, and less sexual activity. One well known trans-racial adoption study is Sandra Scarr's Minnesota project. The adopted children were either White, Black, or Mixed- race (Black-White) babies. The children took IQ tests when they were seven years old and again when they were 17.

In their initial report, the authors thought that their study proved that a good home could raise the IQs of Black children. At age 7, their IQ was 97, well above the Black average of 85 and almost equal to the White average of 100. However, when the children were retested at age 17, the results told another story (reported in the 1992 issue of Intelligence).

At age seven, Black, Mixed- race, and White adopted children all had higher IQ scores than average for their group. Growing up in a good home helped all the children. Even so, the racial pattern was exactly as predicted by genetic theory, not by culture theory. Black children reared in these good homes had an average IQ of 97, but the Mixed- race children averaged an IQ of 109, and the White children an IQ of 112.

The evidence for genetic theory got stronger as the children grew older. By age 17, the IQs of the adopted children moved closer to the expected average for their race. At age 17 adopted White children had an IQ of about 106, Mixed- race adoptees an IQ of about 99, and adopted Blacks had an IQ of about 89. IQ scores are not the only evidence in this study. School grades, class ranks, and aptitude tests show the same pattern. Biological evidence shows that race is not a social construct. Coroners in crime labs can identify race from a skeleton or even just the skull. They can identify race from blood, hair, or semen as well. To deny the existence of race is unscientific and unrealistic. race is much more than "just skin deep."
Z4RQUON

Pro

If the results you cited are indeed accurate, it still does not exclude this as being a cultural phenomenon... the result of Americans PERCEIVING racial divisions.
SebUK

Con

My arguments remain uncountered, I extend my arguments
Z4RQUON

Pro

//"My arguments remain uncountered, I extend my arguments"//

If you would actually read what I wrote, your argument WAS countered and destroyed. It simply does not follow that if the results in that study are accurate that it means people should be separated in to different groups. That study does not isolate mutually exclusive, inherent traits. You have not even attempted to explain why focusing in on somebody's family background is a meaningful enough criteria to place that person in a separate group from yourself. It does not follow that since YOU perceive people as belonging to different races, for whatever reason, that these people actually do belong to different races.

On the other hand, my argument actually DOES stand unchallenged because all you have done is describe the chosen criteria you have selected for rationalizing your own racism. At no point have you explained why this is not a completely subjective & arbitrary designation.

My argument stands: the concept of race is entirely a matter of opinion, with no real world underpinning, and so all "races" are equal because they do not really exist.
Posted by SebUK 2 years ago
SebUK
Seeginomikata voted because of his personal views and didn't actually care about the debate
Posted by Z4RQUON 2 years ago
Z4RQUON
I can still turn this around!
Posted by Z4RQUON 2 years ago
Z4RQUON
Ha! No, I chose the wrong side!
Posted by oculus_de_logica 2 years ago
oculus_de_logica
Z4RQUON:
"To defeat the motion, all I have to do is show that the races of humanity, as distinguished by their various morphological differences are not the same."

You do realize you're taking the pro side, right?
You're supposed to show that all races are equal.
Posted by CJKAllstar 2 years ago
CJKAllstar
Please could you explain what you mean by all races are equal? I want to accept this but I have a feeling that this is going to fall into semantics, thank you.
Vote Placed by Seeginomikata 2 years ago
Seeginomikata
SebUKZ4RQUONTied
Reasons for voting decision: Humans are human. Any differences found between people are largely incidental and not physiologically nor genetically significant.