BlazingCrystal
Syndikate

All Schools Need Uniforms

BlazingCrystal

Pro

Kids need to be forced to wear uniforms it helps the school identify intruders easily and helps kids concentrate on their school work like they are supposed to be doing. It also would stop a lot of people being bullied about their clothes.
Syndikate

Con

If students are allowed to wear anything appropriate. They can express their feeling on how they should wear, and people can identify each other easily.
BlazingCrystal

Pro

Yes but someone can easily sneak into a school without being noticed wearing normal student things it would be much harder to sneak into a school if you didn't have the uniform for the school and school is not supposed to be for "expressing" them selves that's what the internet, life is for school is for working and learning.
Syndikate

Con

There's something called attendance. Well if you think about it anyone could get inside uniform school anytime they want but if they don't want that to happen they need to have security. Expressing themselves is called art and beauty. School is actually for people to meet friends and work together and learning is actually the preparation for work, and I don't see why can't they wear anything they want (appropriate) for school.
BlazingCrystal

Pro

yes school is also a place to make friends which will be easier with a uniform because it has a less chance of a bully happening instead of friend because they won't be judged by clothes if they are all wearing the same thing.
Syndikate

Con

Every students know what they should wear and what not. A bully can make fun of anyone, they'll always find a way to make fun of them and uniform won't help. It only depend on the victim on what their going to do.
BlazingCrystal

Pro

BlazingCrystal forfeited this round.
BlazingCrystal

Pro

BlazingCrystal forfeited this round.
Syndikate

Con

Syndikate forfeited this round.
Posted by whiteflame 2 years ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: LoserBro2003// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Pro. Reasons for voting decision: Pro was more convincing

[*Reason for removal*] Clear vote bomb. The voter doesn't justify any of his point allocations.
************************************************************************
Posted by Peepette 2 years ago
Peepette
I went to a parochial school that had uniforms. It was a nightmare and a blessing. The nightmare was as a female we were constantly monitored on hem heights. More than one inch above the knee was considered immodest. Girls were paddled for this infraction. As a child who grew rapidly during pubescence, 8 inches in one year, I received several paddlings and spent many hours after school in the principal"s office bringing down my skirt hem. Thank goodness I was taught basic sewing skills at home otherwise I"d still be there. In retrospect this was terribly unfair due to my inability to control my own growth and my mother"s inability to keep up with my shirt hem with the care other children in the household. Boys were not punished if they grew where their pants were too short. Plus, there was the cost of frequently replacing my very expensive uniform to accommodate my growth, a three inch hem was the norm, not enough; we were a family of modest financial means.
On the plus side, there was never a choice on what I was to wear on a particular day nor social status wealth ramifications. There was never a show off factor that your family had money aka the affordability of the $50 Calvin Klein jeans or the Keds sneakers which were the rave at the time.

Though I think the evil
nun hem bit has long since passed, uniforms do have a place to equalize the playing field when it comes to bullies and social status inequalities in the US. But, in some 3rd world cultures if a family can"t afford a uniform, which many cannot, a child is prohibited from attending school. The affordability of a uniform is a representation of wealth. This leaves many children out of the education system, so it is not fair, nor equal. So to discern if uniforms are good or bad, the discussion has to be within a specific cultural context.
Posted by BlazingCrystal 2 years ago
BlazingCrystal
Sure in the fall - winter would be fine but other than that i would thing white button down shirt black blazer grey dress pants black dress shoes a sleeveless grey sweater black socks and a red tie
Posted by Richardsonalj 2 years ago
Richardsonalj
Only if an epic looking hoodie is optional, then heck yeah. I love hoodies.