sweetmelon_gardener
Doctor_Derp

All Secondary Schools Should Required Standardize School Uniform

sweetmelon_gardener

Con

For me, school uniform is a burden especially to the parents as it cost lots of money. It is also such a waste as school uniform can easily get dirty.
Doctor_Derp

Pro

Thank You, This is my first Debate on Debate.org. I just finished a debate on School Uniforms in my Debate School so I look forward to debating this topic again.

Rebuttals: First Off, my opponent stated "school uniform is a burden especially to the parents as it cost lots of money." Please back up your statement. That was also your opinion, not fact. Rebuttal #2, Is there such thing as a washing machine???? Again, please show me evidence that there are no washing machines or that school uniforms become dirtier EASIER than ALL other clothes people wear!?! That was totally uncalled-for. I Have checked the prices of typical school uniforms in The USA, and it shows that the total cost for a typical girls FULL-SET school uniform costs at about $160 USD and differentiates to about $140 USD for boys. Again, that was an EXAMPLE. Also, is it a crime to ask the school board to subsidize the family for 40% the cost? No, and I don't think it would be a big deal to pay that price.

My Argument: SCHOOL UNIFORMS SUPRESS BULLYING AND TEASING: Picture this; You wake up and think about how to impress your crush or cliques in your school. But face it, you don't have the expensive clothes that they do, so when you go to school they tease you because you have less-expensive or lower-class clothing! To elaborate, school uniforms are proven to reduce the bullying that lingers within clothing styles or trends cliques will follow. The NAESP (Nation Association of Elementary School Principals) suggests that school uniforms reduce bullying by 64% and Peer Pressure by 86%. It also increased classroom discipline by 85%, the image in the community by 83%, student safety by 79%, school pride by 77%, student achievement by 64%, and nevertheless, attendance by 44%. To back up the fashion trends, the same study ALSO suggested that school uniforms eliminated wardrobe battles by 94%!! With these facts I have showed you, I have already won this debate. Thank You, and I do hope you do not forfeit.
sweetmelon_gardener

Con

sweetmelon_gardener forfeited this round.
Doctor_Derp

Pro

Doctor_Derp forfeited this round.
sweetmelon_gardener

Con

Doctor_Derp

Pro

Doctor_Derp forfeited this round.