volunteering
ephshal

All Students Should participate In Volunteer Work For An Hour A Week?

volunteering has forfeited round #2.

volunteering

Pro

Firstly i believe that students should be doing volunteering because it will help you whole community to grow as one.
ephshal

Con

Firstly, I'd like to thank my opponent in this debate, volunteering, and the audience that will deliberate alongside us.

Now, onto my opening statement.

Do I agree that volunteer work is a good policy for students to enforce on themselves? Yes.
Do I agree they should be forced to? Absolutely not.

I believe that forcing people, including students, to do volunteer work, even for just an hour a week, goes against the 'volunteer' clause, and is counter-productive.

See, volunteer work isn't just great because it benefits the community of the volunteer, but also because it benefits the volunteer themselves. Volunteer work is not only a way to build moral character, but also to build a strong work ethic.

However, mandatory volunteer work will go against this. It will not build moral character, because there will not be any initiative by the students, and it will not build a work ethic, because if it's required, students will surely push for their class schedules to be worked around it, not the other way around.

In conclusion, aren't student work loads hard enough?
Posted by Reason123 8 months ago
Reason123
I do not agree. A good amount of volunteer work that I did in college had no impact whatsoever. It was practically going to a job and helping management for free. Be more specific next time.