Joss_Whedon
trexfire

All Subjects in School are Important

Joss_Whedon

Pro

I believe that all main (non-elective) subjects in school are important. My arguments for each are:
Math: We need to learn how to do mathematics in everyday life and for projects only done occasionally
Science: All humans need to know how the world around them works. I recently spoke to someone who didn't know how many natural satellites the Earth has. They know now, but it is still appalling.
English: We must learn to speak our national language fluently and without grammatical errors. This is simply because they make writing look sloppy.
History: "Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it," George Santayana
Foreign Language: We live in a world where countries are far more interconnected than ever. Speaking another language helps people to be successful in that world.
trexfire

Con

Haha camper cult. Illumati confirmed um ad?
Joss_Whedon

Pro

Please take this seriously.
trexfire

Con

Not all subjects are neccasirly important. Some classes are extra or opintal and Mr camera says that you are a nub. Sorry the trolls have taken me over you do not have to pass to pass the grade.
Joss_Whedon

Pro

I said MAIN subjects, math, science, English, foreign language history. If you think the only purpose of learning is to pass the test, it is just proving that there is something deeply wrong with our education system, or at least the one you have.
trexfire

Con

ELA is not important we already know how to read its gets repetive by middle school math is too diffuclt it needs reform.
Joss_Whedon

Pro

Just because you know how to read doesn't meant you know all of ELA. And I never said anything didn't need reform.
trexfire

Con

sttil we dont we shut down school it will help everyone.
Joss_Whedon

Pro

No, it won't, it will actually harm the economy because there will be fewer people with job skills.
trexfire

Con

yea it will. anarchy for the win. anonymous will rise! the illuamati will fall!
Posted by Joss_Whedon 1 year ago
Joss_Whedon
I did research, but after he didn't take it seriously, it would be hard to wedge in without an acceptance.
Posted by Emiliadewtfk 1 year ago
Emiliadewtfk
i think this debate is not even a proper debate. No research, no rules, no nothing. just some personal thoughts, one trying to take it seriously the other, so not.
Posted by Joss_Whedon 1 year ago
Joss_Whedon
Please don't troll.
Posted by trexfire 1 year ago
trexfire
i not a narrisst tho im been infected with trollitis merley
Posted by really12 1 year ago
really12
Of course all school subjects are important. How else will you get into college?
Posted by Joss_Whedon 1 year ago
Joss_Whedon
*Like, my phone won't let me use spellcheck for misclicks.
Posted by Joss_Whedon 1 year ago
Joss_Whedon
It is Whedon, likr the director of Firefly, The Avengers, etc. But that isn't important. What is important is that our educatiom system didn't make it clear that the Earth goes around the Sun, not anything else. This is basic fact, I was apologizing that he, through no fault of his own, has been failed by the education system he attended in the regard of science.
Posted by provideoman123 1 year ago
provideoman123
Mr. Trexfire is nothing but a narcissist. I believe that his efforts are solely to prove that he is superior to all others. I disprove of him. However, there is a more important issue to address. Mr. Wheldon is clearly attacking Mr. Trexfire without warning. His claims are yet to be proven and are detrimental to the debate. I enjoy a civilized debate, not one with constant attacks. He even goes so far as to attack Mr. Trexfire's education system. Mr. Wheldon cannot contain himself in the face of other opponents.
Posted by Joss_Whedon 1 year ago
Joss_Whedon
In this case, important and necessary are synonomous.
Posted by Mister_Man 1 year ago
Mister_Man
Important or necessary? If you were to say "all subjects in school should be mandatory/required because..." then I'll accept this :)