Theoneandonlygoat
14_UKNWN_14

All Time Bulls Vs. All Time Lakers

Started: 9/1/2015 Category: Sports

Theoneandonlygoat

Pro

In this debate my worthy adversary will be debating for whether the All Time Lakers would beat the all Time Bulls as I will be advocating the victory of the Bulls.
You must accept the following rules or else I advise you do not debate...
Round 1: Just accept my challenge
Round 2: Opening statements. Give me your starting All Time Lakers lineup consisting of 2 players for each position( Starting and bench) as well as 2 role players who would hypothetically just be coming off the bench for a short stint and explain why all these players would win.
Round 3: Rebuttals. You must only refute the opening statements. You may not refute a rebuttal.
Round 4: Closing statement.
Please don't use any profane language.
14_UKNWN_14

Con

Alright I accept your challenge
Theoneandonlygoat

Pro

Starters for me:
PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Michael Jordan
SF: Scottie Pippen
PF: Dennis Rodman
C: Artis Gilmore
Bench:
PG: Norm Van Lier
SG: Reggie Theus
SF: Chet Walker
PF: Horace Grant
C: Joakim Noah
Role Players:
Steve Kerr(Shooting)
Jerry Sloan(Rebounds and defense)
I believe that the bulls has the qualities and the overall versatility to defeat any team they are put up against (other than the dream team of course). This is because they have 3 key characteristics...
1)Athleticism
2)Experience with greater players
3)Defensive prowess
Each player brings something excellent and nothing superficial. Rose has excellent athletic ability and is the youngest MVP of all time. Jordan... do I really have to explain? Pippen had excellent defensive capabilities and was a reliable scorer, Rodman had terrific defensive plays and was vital to the Bulls with his ability to get rebounds and Artis Gilmore is practically adorned with accolades(notably those of his defense)
All in all, I truly believe that even though the Lakers may have more notable players, the greatest of the Bulls possess the talent and capability to take them down.
14_UKNWN_14

Con

14_UKNWN_14 forfeited this round.
Theoneandonlygoat

Pro

Theoneandonlygoat forfeited this round.
14_UKNWN_14

Con

14_UKNWN_14 forfeited this round.
Theoneandonlygoat

Pro

Theoneandonlygoat forfeited this round.
14_UKNWN_14

Con

14_UKNWN_14 forfeited this round.
Posted by Theoneandonlygoat 1 year ago
Theoneandonlygoat
Comparing teams of different eras isn't as disastrous and tedious as you might think so long as you can draw accurate comparisons of the wide array of characteristics and stats players possess and I also left out a multitude of Bulls players who withheld great athleticism and were excellent competitors through the use of their abilities such as Toni Kukoc.
Posted by TubOLard 1 year ago
TubOLard
It's bad enough that people try to compare teams from different eras, but now it's fantasy teams from one city? Holy crap. People often forget the the Showtime Lakers also played some great defense. They forget about players like Michael Cooper. They were also athletic.