Viana
tonyv1213

All drugs should be legalized

Viana

Pro

I'm for the position that all drugs should be legalized.
The first round is acceptance
tonyv1213

Con

Approximately 2.5 million children ages 12-17 use inhalants each year. 59% of kids at age 12 are already aware of their friends huffing. With the average age that some kids start using inhalants at 10 years old, it is crucial to reach these youth with the proper facts and information.
So these kids should risk their lives because they want to act cool. Kids immune systems aren't as developed and they are more at risk.
Viana

Pro

I completely 100% agree with you.
And that is because you did nothing to show how you're con to the position that all drugs should be legalized.
I think it is crucial to inform people about the dangers of drugs and I think that legalization covers a great distance to achieve just that. With legalization regulation also comes and it gets much harder for people who should not get these substances to get them. Take the example that I along side many of my colleges in high-school went through (yes yes, it's an anecdotal but I'm not using it as evidence, I'm using it as an argument on logic that can be applied to any other case). When I was in high-school, like many other kids we liked to go to parties and enjoy ourselves with the help of drugs. Now the most popular drugs for kids our age to consume were alcohol and marijuana. Alcohol legal and regulated, marijuana was illegal. Now take a guess which of these drugs it was easier to get our hands on. Let's take a logical approach to this.
Would it be easier the get alcohol?
Alcohol, because it was legal, had no black market value because the crushing share of consumers would rather obtain it from the legal market where it was readily available, safe for consumption, varied in types, convenient. It is all and all a better deal to buy alcohol from your local store.
Now marijuana, because it was not sold legally, could only be obtained on the black market. And boy is there a demand for it. And where is demand, supply never falls short. And there's only one place where that supply can go. To an unregulated place where, let's be honest here, sellers only want to make a quick buck. They don't really care if they sell to minors, there are no standardized safety tests and many other problems that the legal market takes care of.
To sum it up: It was much easier to get marijuana because we knew if we had the money we would get it, than alcohol which is perfectly legal but regulated
tonyv1213

Con

tonyv1213 forfeited this round.
Viana

Pro

Is that it?
tonyv1213

Con

Sorry I don't have time for this I'm always in school
Viana

Pro

Viana forfeited this round.
tonyv1213

Con

tonyv1213 forfeited this round.
Viana

Pro

Viana forfeited this round.
tonyv1213

Con

tonyv1213 forfeited this round.
Posted by tonyv1213 1 year ago
tonyv1213
This was my first debate I didn't see the acceptance till I finished my paragraph my bad
Posted by WAM 1 year ago
WAM
Someone who can't read already took this debate... Thanks though..
Posted by Viana 1 year ago
Viana
Chemical substance that alters the natural physical and/or psychological abilities of a living creature
Posted by WAM 1 year ago
WAM
How do you define 'drugs'?