singstarceline
tsukiyomi

All exams should be replaced by assessments

singstarceline

Con

Exams should remain, they are a reliable source of information for the teacher. Exams prevent students from cheating. They are more formal meaning that the student will work harder
tsukiyomi

Pro

In comparison to exams, assessment would provide greater qualitative and quantitative results of student's learning progression. Which I take my stand for assessment.

Assessment is the process of documenting knowledge, skills, attitude, behaviors, belief, and include factors of measurements. The output of the result would be quantitative with measurements and qualitative that provides a comprehensible feedback for a teacher, therefore would allows teachers to identify various types of learning process of students, the attitude towards a subject, and to interpreted students perception to learning. To conclude a teacher would have data and the possibility to accommodate student's own learning style and possibility to optimize student learning process.

I would like to argue for the case that exams has limitation of questionable reliability, it may be reliable on the student knowledge and is doing on the testing day, but It is limiting with information on whether the student is just memorizing or if they intellectually comprehending, whether the student is lazy or is not learning, and or whether a students cares about education or not. An assessment would provide such feedback.

Exams are design to determine one's knowledge of what they know or learned, exam is not preventive measure of cheating. Exams cannot discriminate if a student cheated or not. This would be more on the sole perception of the testing supervisor and the burden proof of the reviewer. An assessment would provide a good interpretation of the students knowledge and can scale to the strong and weak areas through assessments.

I would like to raise the point and argues unlike an assessment, exams can inspire students to think creatively on ways to cheat and test whether they can get away with it. I would simply call that an experiment.
singstarceline

Con

singstarceline forfeited this round.
tsukiyomi

Pro

Seems like my opponent has forfeited this round. I will be awaiting.
singstarceline

Con

singstarceline forfeited this round.
tsukiyomi

Pro

Once again, my opponent has forfeit.
Vote for Assessements!
singstarceline

Con

singstarceline forfeited this round.
tsukiyomi

Pro

"Ay, caramba! , c'est pas possible!!! Ancora penalit". Enttauschung!!! Que a fazer?

Thus have I heard......
singstarceline

Con

singstarceline forfeited this round.
tsukiyomi

Pro

Bummer that nothing interesting really happen where opponent created this debate and than forfeited the rest of the rounds. Well, I presented my arguments and looking forward on seeing the votes.