debategod123
ankitaahirwar

All is fair in love & war

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

debategod123

Pro

I would like to propose that all IS fair in love & war; no matter what we do, the ends must justify the means. I look forward to a live& intellectual debate where lots of people comment/argue their respective cases.
ankitaahirwar

Con

I accept your challenge and I'm against the motion and I'm sorry to say that I'm completely disagree by this statement that "All Is Fair In Love And War".
debategod123

Pro

Ok, thank you for choosing to oppose my argument. Please set out in as much detail as you can why you think that all is not fair in love in war & I shall attempt to rebuke your points forthwith.
ankitaahirwar

Con

I want to ask you my worthy opponent....Why do people cheat each other?
For want of money, love, woman, friendship, power etc. etc. Have you ever thought that things achieved/secured using foul play never gives true feeling of belonging?
Any relationship made on the foundation of lies, cheating, temptation and power misuse can never be trusted. Thousands of examples support this argument. Similarities in thinking, behavior and status is always a binding factor for long relationship. People think that all is fair in love and war. If we consider this proverb it simply indicate that even use of unfair means to achieve your goals is justified under the circumstances similar to those under love and war conditions. What are the unfair means? In love, unfair means may include cheating, betrayal, use of muscle or money power, knavery, spreading hatred towards a particular person.
Similarly, under war like situation, unfair means may include cheating, non-observance of common applicable rules, fraud, rumor mongering etc. The proverb has been traced back to John Lyly's 'Euphues' (1578) to convey the impression that people behave in a more vicious way if there is a conflict or difference of opinion. Under situations of conflict, or love and war, the rules of fair play do not apply. People take all the freedom in using proverb to justify cheating. Scope of the proverb has been conveniently broadened by opportunists to include politics, business, games, and to attain success in any field in addition to love and war for which proverb was originally used. Torture, murder, kidnapping, theft, money extortion, stalking are never the acts of fairness. Nothing makes these acts fair. Hence this adage fall out of usage and used by mean minded persons to justify unfair acts.
debategod123

Pro

debategod123 forfeited this round.
ankitaahirwar

Con

As I said earlier, all is not fair in love and war.

Just think about the situation, if you are in love, than you can do anything for your lover, and he/she also can do anything for you, and if this is one-sided love than, it would be a big problem for you.

Similarly in war like situations, first of all we have to avoid all this...and if it is necessary than we don't have to do so much of destruction of our enemy, we have to do all this in a limited way.

My knowledgeable opponent I want you to know what is the true love....

This is a true story that happened in Japan.

In order to renovate the house, someone in Japan tore open the wall. Japanese houses normally have a hollow space between the wooden walls. When tearing down the walls, he found that there was a lizard stuck there because a nail from outside was hammered into one of its feet. He saw this, felt pity, and at the same time he was curious. When he checked the nail, turns out, it was nailed 10 years ago when the house was first built.

What happened?
The lizard had survived in such a position for 10 years! In a dark wall partition for 10 years without moving, it is impossible and mind boggling. Then he wondered how this lizard survived for 10 years without moving a single step--since its foot was nailed!
So he stopped his work and observed the lizard, what it had been doing, and what and how it had been eating. Later, not knowing from where it came, appeared another lizard, with food in its mouth.

Ah! He was stunned and at the same time, touched deeply. Another lizard had been feeding the stuck one for the past 10 years...
Such love, such a beautiful love! Such love happened with this tiny creature...
What can love do? It can do wonders! Love can perform miracles!
Just think about it; one lizard had been feeding the other one
untiringly for 10 long years, without giving up hope on its partner.

If a small creature like a lizard can love like this...
just imagine how we can love if we try!
And you are comparing love with war.....I'm sorry to say but this is the worst thing......
debategod123

Pro

debategod123 forfeited this round.
ankitaahirwar

Con

ankitaahirwar forfeited this round.
debategod123

Pro

debategod123 forfeited this round.
ankitaahirwar

Con

ankitaahirwar forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by renji_abarai 2 years ago
renji_abarai
debategod123ankitaahirwarTied
Reasons for voting decision: Obvious reasons.