abstractposters
Wallstreetatheist

All math-being-everywhere please regard 0 to be a #.

Wallstreetatheist

abstractposters

Pro

In particular, for a mathematician who is for gay marriage and all that jazz my question is: why does said mathematician regard zero as insufficient in-itself to be dubbed a number?

First round, restate acceptance.

The bronze of a statue or the silver of a cup, or the classes which contain these?
Wallstreetatheist

Con

I restate acceptance.

What is the resolution we are arguing?

I assume Pro has full burden of proof, and I will operate under this assumption until further evidence is presented about the resolution and its burden/s of proof.
abstractposters

Pro

Please Hold.

DMX: "I just love when a nigga bring his whole crew it's just a bigga piece of cake for me to chew a hole through."
Wallstreetatheist

Con

We have yet to establish a resolution and my opponent has yet to say anything coherent. He maintains his burden of proof, yet has not said anything of rhetorical weight yet.

"All math-being-everywhere please regard 0 to be a #."
This is a supplication to an imaginary "math-being" for a request that could be fulfilled through human means, all it requires is a swtiching of two symbols.

"In particular, for a mathematician who is for gay marriage and all that jazz my question is: why does said mathematician regard zero as insufficient in-itself to be dubbed a number?"
0 is both a number and the numerical digit used to represent that number in numerals.
[1. http://en.wikipedia.org...(number)]

"Zero is clearly an element of the set of Real Numbers, it's the "additive identity" -- the number that, when added to any other number x, doesn't change the value of x. (Similarly, 1 is the multiplicative identity -- the number that, when multiplied by any other number x, doesn't change the value of x.) Thus, zero is a number, just as any other element of the set of Real Numbers is a number."
[2. http://www.straightdope.com...;

Furthermore, mathematics functions completely independentally of sexual orientation.

"The bronze of a statue or the silver of a cup, or the classes which contain these?"
Nonsensical question.

"Please Hold."
Pick a resolution please.

"DMX: "I just love when a nigga bring his whole crew it's just a bigga piece of cake for me to chew a hole through."
What does DMX's Bring Your Whole Crew have to do with this "debate?"

Vote Con
abstractposters

Pro

Whereas mitosis is the division of the nucleus, cytokinesis is the splitting of the cytoplasm and allocation of the golgi, plastids and cytoplasm into each new cell. Cytokinesis is the process of splitting the daughter cells apart. Cytokinesis is the process where one cell splits off from its sister cell. It usually occurs after cell division.
Wallstreetatheist

Con

Now my opponent is describing the cell cycle, which is biology, not number theory or mathematics.

VOTE CON
abstractposters

Pro

Pro's opponent, Con, has stated: "Furthermore, mathematics functions completely independentally of sexual orientation."
The opponent, 'Pro's opponent', stated furthermore: "Now my opponent is describing the cell cycle, which is biology, not number theory or mathematics."
Regarding these as premises, my conclusion furthermore is the following: 'Mmmm---what the hey? Shew fly."

Asking me to restate my 'resolution', is asking of me way too much and is unethical. I have no responsibility to 'use up' the amount of letters distributed throughout my rebuke; that is, to incorporate into my debate the answer to my opponent's fallacious conclusion. He beg's the question in Round 2 and 3. As to begging the question in round 2: He claims what mathematics 'is not' with no premises. Do not be duped. Let us call this premise 'the mathematician'. Since Con knows what math is not, it must follow he knows what it is. I, here and now, formally ask Con: will you accept 'the mathematician' to be a zero?
Wallstreetatheist

Con

Analysis: Pro has yet to establish a resolution; thus, he has yet to fulfill his sole burden of proof in this debate. Since new arguments are not permitted last round, as debating decorum and rules require, I have successfully won this debate. I wish my opponent the best.

"Regarding these as premises, my conclusion furthermore is the following: 'Mmmm---what the hey? Shew fly.'"
Irrelevant conclusion fallacy.

"Asking me to restate my 'resolution', is asking of me way too much and is unethical."
The first step in a debate between two individuals or groups is establishing a resolution. The affirmation or negation of the resolution is the goal of debate, and without such a goal, a debate will be incoherent and lack rhetorical purpose.

"I have no responsibility to 'use up' the amount of letters distributed throughout my rebuke"

Rebuke means: Express sharp disapproval or criticism of (someone) because of their behavior or actions. I believe Pro mistakenly used the word 'rebuke' as a malapropism for 'rebuttal'. If he did not, it is still incoherent, as I have acted with debating decorum and written my rounds with the strictest veracity.

"He claims what mathematics 'is not' with no premises."
I did not make such a claim, and I ask the judges to view my previous round for such a remark. I claimed that 'mathematics functions completely independentally of sexual orientation' in response to Pro's asinine round 1 question formulation.

"will you accept 'the mathematician' to be a zero?"
This is a nonsense formulation and is irrelevant, as you have yet to establish a resolution or achieve your full burden of proof.

Voting Issues
I urge a complete Con vote on spelling and grammar for Pro's sub-par spelling and grammar; conduct, because Pro is "rebuk[ing]" me and he started an incompetent debate; arguments, because Pro has yet to establish a resolution or fulfill his BOP; sources, because I had sources.

VOTE CON :D
abstractposters

Pro

Ugg! Stop friend-requesting me, Wallstreetatheist! You are the math-being-everywhere. My God casts you out!
Wallstreetatheist

Con

It's official: Con wins.

Voting Issues
I urge a complete Con vote on spelling and grammar for Pro's sub-par spelling and grammar; conduct, because Pro is "rebuk[ing]" me, he rudely labelled me a "the math-being-everywhere," superstitiously proclaiming, "My God casts you out!" and he started an incompetent debate; arguments, because Pro has yet to establish a resolution or fulfill his BOP; sources, because I had sources.

VOTE CON :D
Posted by Reizo 5 years ago
Reizo
this was the most interesting thing ever.
/sarcasm
Posted by Wallstreetatheist 5 years ago
Wallstreetatheist
This is too avant-garde and creative for me to suspect imabench.
Posted by Wallstreetatheist 5 years ago
Wallstreetatheist
Hello, FREEDO/thett3.
Posted by abstractposters 5 years ago
abstractposters
Cluck. Cluck. Cocks.
Posted by Wallstreetatheist 5 years ago
Wallstreetatheist
lol you got like 5 free wins out of this guy. I'm sure you're sad to see him go.
Posted by MouthWash 5 years ago
MouthWash
I asked airmax the same thing. He says he might do it.
Posted by Wallstreetatheist 5 years ago
Wallstreetatheist
Vote Con. Why isn't Pro's account permabanned yet?
Vote Placed by Ore_Ele 5 years ago
Ore_Ele
abstractpostersWallstreetatheistTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con actually presented an argument, while Pro did not refute it.
Vote Placed by AlwaysMoreThanYou 5 years ago
AlwaysMoreThanYou
abstractpostersWallstreetatheistTied
Reasons for voting decision: Mildly humorous.
Vote Placed by MouthWash 5 years ago
MouthWash
abstractpostersWallstreetatheistTied
Reasons for voting decision: "My God casts you out!"