USY
ararmer1919

All nations should desrtoy all of their weapons of mass destruction

ararmer1919

USY

Pro

Nowadays lots of nations own thier weapons . and these make many problems and benifits. what is your opnion about this?
ararmer1919

Con

I accept this debate that all nations should destroy their WMDs on the side of CON. Before my opponent begins I'd like to ask him if there are any ground rules he'd like to lay out first. If not then I wish PRO the best of luck and I am looking forward to a good debate.
USY

Pro

USY forfeited this round.
ararmer1919

Con

I wont hold forfeiting the last round against my opponent so long as he doesn't pull a no show all together. However I wont put as much time into this round as I had planed based off the forfeit and belief that this might be a no show. So any way here's my brief argument just so that I have one.

While it is no question that Nuclear arms are probably the greatest destructive force mankind has ever made and while the terrible horrors they can create and unimaginable suffering they are not necessarily a completely bad thing nor do we need to destroy them all. First off such a feat would be impossible since the vast majority of nations throughout the world would never agree to this and we can see this in person since different groups have been trying to do this for years with no avail. Second because they do a lot of good despite the great harm the potentially can create. The fact is that over the past 70 years nuclear weapons have actually prevented several wars. An obvious example would be the Cold War between the United States and Soviet Russia. Both of these nations would have wanted nothing more then to launch full scale war against eachother and it very nearly happened on many occasions. Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Cuba, Georgia, Iran, Pakistan and literally dozens more incidents which kept the US and USSR constantly a hairs length away from total war. Had war broke out then it would have delved basically the majority of the known world into chaos and war and the result probably would have surpassed that of the horrors of WW2. So what kept these to superpowers from starting WW3? Nuclear Deterrence. It was really quite simple. Because each nation knew that the other had an enormous arsenal of nuclear weapons nether side dared to make a move against eachother. Russia knew that if it were to openly attack the US then the US would instantly respond by launching its nuclear weapons. The US knew that if they openly attacked Russia then Russia would do the exact same thing. The result would have been the complete annihilation of both nations. It was because of this knowledge that the war never took place. Both sides took the most extreme precautions to ensure they would never give the other sides cause for engaging in nuclear war and was actually the basis of both nations strategy's in the global theater. This theory is known as Mutually Assured Destruction or (MAD). US vs USSR. South Korea vs North Korea. Pakistan vs India. Each of these are direct evidence of MAD and show how well it works. If not for nuclear deterrence each of these conflicts would most defiantly erupt into war. So in an odd and pretty much ironic way, nuclear weapons are the the greatest contributor and closest means of obtaining world peace. I cant remember who said it but there's a great quote for this.

"Whoever shoots first, dies second."

Well that's all I'm going to put into this round. Not as in depth as I wanted but hey its something to put on the board, short and sweet. I hope my opponent shows up for these next rounds.

http://www.google.com...

http://www.google.com...
USY

Pro

USY forfeited this round.
ararmer1919

Con

Well that was disappointing. Oh we'll. vote con lol.
Vote Placed by johnlubba 3 years ago
johnlubba
USYararmer1919Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Whoooshhhhh
Vote Placed by Jegory 3 years ago
Jegory
USYararmer1919Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct and Arguments: FF. S&G: PRO made a couple of spelling mistakes. Sources: CON used sources in R2.
Vote Placed by 1Devilsadvocate 3 years ago
1Devilsadvocate
USYararmer1919Tied
Reasons for voting decision: F.F.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
USYararmer1919Tied
Reasons for voting decision: FF. Morally they probably should, yet such will not happen in our lifetime.
Vote Placed by Subutai 3 years ago
Subutai
USYararmer1919Tied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.