wjmelements
tepman45

All people should expect to live an equal life.

wjmelements

wjmelements

Con

Though we are born equal, we should not expect to live equal lives.

Equal is referring to livestyle, wage, and happiness.

I will present my points in later rounds.
tepman45

Pro

now to start off, equality, my friends, is not based on the lifestyle, wage etc. thing that my foolish opponent is talking about. equality does not mean that we should be living the same life, having the same wage.... but it is having the same rights with one another, no matter how different we are from the another. You couldnt expect each and every person living the same boring life everyday because we were created by God unique. It might be that a classmate of you might be dumb and you are smart, or he is rich and you are poor. But this doesnt change anything cause we are under one law, enjoy the same rights.

Im gonna present my points in the next round. That's all for now. I'll wait for mr. smartypants's rebuttal....
wjmelements

Con

'Equal is referring to livestyle, wage, and happiness.'

This is not an argument, but a definition. I apologize for any misunderstanding.

I understand that you would like to modify this to mean equal rights. However, then the debate would be, "All people shoud expect to have equal rights."

Depending on what my opponent decides, this could be a debate over whether should live equal lives or whether they could live equal lives.

'Could':
Two things make people's lives different:
1. Decisions
2. Circumstances beyond one's control
Even if treated the same, people will not turn out the same way.
Decision is what makes us different. Our decisions can cause people to live different lifestyles. One can decide whether or not to smoke, and the result will be either a shorter or a longer life. One can choose whether or not to pursue education, and the result would be a change in earnings.

However, besides decisions, circumstances beyond one's control also influence lifestyle. A mental disability could influence one's ability to pursue education or participate in a working society. A natural disaster could injure a person or damage his/her property. This could lead to a difference in lifestyle. In addition, the luck of which country one is born in can determine one's potential in lifestyle. Therefore, it is impossible for everyone to live an equal life.

'Should':
If everyone lived equal lives despite their actions, then there would be lawlessness. People would not be responsible for their actions and any attempts to hold one responsible would lead them to live an 'unequal' life.

Depending on how my opponent continues this debate, I will modify my arguments.
tepman45

Pro

ok... if that's the point then this is my argument, we live an equal life, its not because of wage, lifestyle and decision but because we go through the same life cycle. therefore we are all living an equal life. We get born, be a child, then a teenager, than an adult until we grow old and die. A crazy boy would be a teenager, then an adult, then he becomes an oldman then die. Same with a smart girl, she lives as a kid, then becomes an adult until she becomes old and die. Surely, each and every human would follow this life cycle.....

as for the judges, you decide, am i not right about this?
wjmelements

Con

My opponent has brought up life length as proof that we can all live an equal life. Well, in terms of length, no one can live an equal life. All people cannot live equal lives. All people will have different lifespans. In addition, many people will not live to be teenagers or adults. Plenty of people do not even grow old.
People in different countries tend to live to be different ages. http://www.infoplease.com...
Many countries have a high infant mortality rate. http://en.wikipedia.org... https://www.cia.gov...
In addition, my points have not been addressed. Extend them into this round. If not answered to, they will stand next round.
I remind my opponent:
"Equal is referring to livestyle, wage, and happiness."
tepman45

Pro

in afterlife, we are all equal in the eyes of GOd... we are his creations.... therefore we are equal to each other. And if you don't think like that, your stupid.... equality does not refer to lifestle, wage and yadayada... it refers to what we are. we are humans belonging to the human race... that's why we are all equal. Because we are all humans... with the same emotions....

EAT MY ARGUMENT>>>

as for the judges, good day
wjmelements

Con

When you accepted this open debate, you agreed to my definition of equal life.
Therefore, in this debate,
Equal- same lifestyle, wage, and happiness

As this is the last round of an unfortunate debate, I would lke to remind the audience that my opponent has not proved that we should or even can live equal lives. He has not negated my points, and they stand.
Further, my opponent's argument concerning the afterlife does not coincide with 'life', as the after life is after, and not part of, life.
People cannot feasibly live an equal life and therefore a person should not expect to live a life equal to another.
Though we were created equal, we will not live an equal life.
Therefore, I urge all the voters who took the time to read this to vote CON.
tepman45

Pro

now it's time for my rebuttals... first, i would like to rebut about his argument on wage... actually in Taiwan, people their has equal wages. When it comes to lifestyle, the Muslims are the most equal, because they live their lives following laws. If these people can do it, why cant we. When it comes to personality, well all of us has the same emotions, therefore we could have the same personality, the thing is we just don't want 2 show this feelings and personalities...... Now i beg u 2 please vote for pro.... coz dis debate sucks!!!! Again vote for pro... don't mind my opponent, he's just a foolish debater... i HAVE GIVEN YOU THE REASONS WHY WE ARE EQUAL... THANK YOU TO ALL THAT WOULD VOTE FOR ME AND I ALSO THANK DOES WHO DOESNT VOTE ANYONE IN THIS DEBATE....
Posted by crackofdawn 8 years ago
crackofdawn
I have to say tepman45 you have to use better spelling and grammer. Also be more concise with your points and back them up with evidence. Your conduct is also non-agreeable and until you fix these things you won't win many debates.
Posted by wjmelements 8 years ago
wjmelements
How does anyone vote 'tied' for spelling and gramar or conduct?
Posted by Urisma_Ska-Kharib 8 years ago
Urisma_Ska-Kharib
i voted the way i did because... well... its obvious, isnt it?
Posted by Urisma_Ska-Kharib 8 years ago
Urisma_Ska-Kharib
well, I have the same views as you, so it wouldn't turn out to be much of a debate. Not only that, but using your definition it would be near impossible to prove pro side
Posted by wjmelements 8 years ago
wjmelements
You wanna debate this Forrest?
Posted by Urisma_Ska-Kharib 8 years ago
Urisma_Ska-Kharib
by* I should have said
Posted by Urisma_Ska-Kharib 8 years ago
Urisma_Ska-Kharib
sigh... a good debate topic turned foul be a stubborn idiot
Vote Placed by Metz 8 years ago
Metz
wjmelementstepman45Tied
Vote Placed by Rezzealaux 8 years ago
Rezzealaux
wjmelementstepman45Tied
Vote Placed by Urisma_Ska-Kharib 8 years ago
Urisma_Ska-Kharib
wjmelementstepman45Tied
Vote Placed by Coremeister13 8 years ago
Coremeister13
wjmelementstepman45Tied