acmanjr
batman01

All religion is wrong yet also correct. What if the real religion of God is seen by looking at all.

acmanjr has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

acmanjr

Pro

My argument is that what if all the religions of the world are connected. What if they are all just pieces of God. Maybe each section of religion is a different piece of the whole. As in God showed others different religions as a test to see if we are all ready for the bigger picture? Pro is agree with me con is against.

Plz let's have a nice calm debate. I look forward to it.

Anyone who wants to leave a comment due to the fact they couldn't challenge this cuz it was taken plz do.
batman01

Con

Hello, I've accepted your debate. I'm looking forward to it. Good luck.
acmanjr

Pro

Thank you batman01 for choosing my debate.
Also this is my first debate so it might be a little sporadic.

So point 1. Forms of power. In the bible it is said that the devil took the form of a snake to deceive Adam and Eve, it also says that God is the holy trinity. So my connection is God has 3 "forms" what if God also took the form of the different gods in Greek mythology, or took the for of Brahman, in Hinduism, and his many forms to show his power to others. So what I'm getting at in this point is maybe the bible is the start and Greek mythology and Hinduism are parts along the way.

Point 2. Jesus and Budda. Both important people in their religions, what if they are the same person under two names. What if Budda is Jesus trying to connect with his people, and then later on tried to reveal him self and it didn't quiet work out the way he planned (this goes into another philosophy I have about God having more than one plan to get us somewhere, and since we've been deceived by the devil that even we surprise him, but that a whole other thing). Also what if the Ten Commandments, of Christianity, are the rules for the eight folds paths, Buddism.

Point 3. Islamic and Christianity. Both believe in One God, and in believe in hell. Both believe that there is a Holy Book, Bible and the Qur'an. Belief in prayer, and declaration of faith. Both have a place of worship Church and Mosques.

Point 4. Christianity and Judaism. Well Christianity has the same bible just with the New Testament added on, and what if Jesus was just a prophet of God. Let's think about this it is said that God created the universe and everything in it, so if you look at that and think where the devil did the devil come from. Well God created him, and what if he created Jesus. A yin yang situation, and the bad in side the good is the forbidden tree in the garden, and good inside the bad is Jesus went through hell. So I say Jesus is a prophet of God, his most trusted creation and that he is like a son to him.

This is just connecting the top religions of the world that I have thought about and connected, given I am a Christian so I can not at this moment in time connect them all to each other so I have connected them to one religion.
batman01

Con

There is a famous quote from the great Atheist and a great hero of mine, Christopher Hitchens who said "A claim brought forth without evidence can just as easily be dismissed without evidence."

This axiom applies to essentially all of your arguments. They are brought forth with no or minimal evidence and therefore can be dismissed with no or minimal evidence.

Point 1: What if they are? There is no evidence that any of these gods have ever existed (I personally doubt that any of them have ever existed). Why would all of them exist? What is the upside of that?

Point 2: The 10 Commandments and the Noble Eightfold Path are mutually exclusive, or if not mutually exclusive are at least quite disjoint. The Noble Eightfold Path talks about giving things up, practicing meditation, not giving in to gluttony, giving up all sexual acts, and being conscious of all that is around you. The 10 commandments mentions none of these things. They don't seem to be particularly related. If the 10 Commandments are the rules for the Eightfold Path then I think we have the wrong Eightfold path.

Point 3: This is easy to answer. They are extremely related because they are from the same area where there are the same principles and many of the same beliefs. Note how the two symmetric religions were formed in bordering countries a 10 hour drive away from each other instead of on different continents.

Point 4: This is possible I suppose but once again there is no evidence for it.

The problem is that there is no evidence and no special coincidences or points which serve to connect the religions you are talking about. You need to ask yourself:

1. What would the upside of god manifesting himself to all these different peoples in different forms thereby creating a lack of unity which would cause endless problems and hundreds of thousands of deaths?
2. Is there even the slightest vestige evidence of these religions being connected?

Also in your connections I can really hear your Christian influence (not that this is necessarily a bad thing). You have generally used Christianity as a starting point and then tried to connect all of the other religions. I would recommend, if you are going to try and form a religion based upon many different religions to be a little more open-minded and try starting with a different religion as a starting point.

Thanks and good luck to my opponent.
Posted by Iacov 2 weeks ago
Iacov
I posted a very similar idea in the religion forum.
Posted by vi_spex 2 weeks ago
vi_spex
religion is false
Posted by batman01 2 weeks ago
batman01
I'm not sure what he's going to say either. It'll be interesting to see what he can come up with.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 2 weeks ago
PowerPikachu21
So is all religion wrong, yet right? I'm confused as to what Pro's trying to prove.