Silentsvc
Edvin_321781

All religions are the same

Silentsvc

Silentsvc

Con

All religions do not lead to the same conclusion, nor do they attempt to say so in their own right, therefore this statement is completely false and assumptive
Edvin_321781

Pro

[argument removed by moderators]
Silentsvc

Con

Well, I guess the debate is really over but I thank you for my first win I guess. I should win on spelling alone
Edvin_321781

Pro

Edvin_321781 forfeited this round.
Silentsvc

Con

The round has been forfeited so I will simply state that all religions don't even necessarily believe in a god, therefore all religions are not the same!
Edvin_321781

Pro

Edvin_321781 forfeited this round.
Posted by 2-D 3 years ago
2-D
Wait till you have trouble getting a vote. The voting period is 9 days and will begin immediately after the final round ends. I usually wait till the last few days if I need to post to the forum. You can always ask others to weigh in with an impartial vote before you post to this forum.

Ragnar is spot on and votes from this forum all the time.
Posted by Silentsvc 3 years ago
Silentsvc
Ragnar, I'm new to debating online, so you'll have to forgive my ignorance but when is it appropriate to do this?
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Posted to the forums prematurely.
Posted by 2-D 3 years ago
2-D
Ha, your first troll. I would consider a debate topic along the lines of my comment, "All religions use the same standards of evidence." If you have trouble getting a vote, especially for an obvious troll (like this guy) or a forfeit, you can post a link here: http://www.debate.org...

FYI, this is a debate site and many will be quicker to see flaws in a resolution than gen pop. I agree with kbub that religions are obviously different. You may be making the point that Christianity may be unique in the original sin, redemption and personal relationship with God area but Muslims and Hindus can make similar claims of originality.
Posted by 2-D 3 years ago
2-D
Really, this is a thing? Nontheists say that they use the same standards of evidence and contradict each other. Could this be what they are referring to?
Posted by thisisbob 3 years ago
thisisbob
Lol good point. I see what your doing here. :)
Posted by Silentsvc 3 years ago
Silentsvc
kbub, thanks for your input. the reasoning for the wording is the fact that I hear my students use the exact wording seen here. This is why I wish to debate the actual wording here. Thanks for the comment though!
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
This is a really cool topic, but the wording of this debate seems a little lop-sided... Religions are obviously different. They are spelt differently for one thing. And different people call themselves members for each religion. I would be tempted to argue a topic similar to this one, but with different wording to make it fair.
Vote Placed by Yraelz 3 years ago
Yraelz
SilentsvcEdvin_321781Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeits.