Glitch_brown
Ariesx

All schools should have a Debate club/activity.

Glitch_brown

Pro

I say this because its a good source of knowledge, and it makes for a good way for students to get involved and to say what they think about topics.
Ariesx

Con

There are way too many schools in America. And there are a lot of students that really don't care about school work. According to BusinessWeek, the average student spends less than an hour on homework. Having all schools have a debate club would be meaningless. We would be only pleasing a minority. Also there was another statistic saying that 70% of teachers don't care or used to care about there student's academic life. A teacher there wouldn't even probably care about the topics. This is just pleasing a minority of kids. We should give a debate club to the schools that outperform others.
Glitch_brown

Pro

i disagree with some of the thing you have stated i don't think debate club would meaningless, and i never said that everyone had to participate its a club and only the students that want to take the club take the club its that simple, and about the part you said about the minority and how you say its a waste of time because its only the minority of the kid that take it then we should get rid of football and soccer because that only pleases the kids that like football or soccer so lets get rid of those. Debate club does not have to be for the out performing schools because it does not have to be a big massive club with tournaments or something like that it could just be a few students in a classroom with a topic like my school does. But i think All schools should have a debate club because my school really wanted to have one but it took us three years to actually get it up and running.
Ariesx

Con

I don't want anyone to interpret my argument into anything I didn't think it to be. I think it is a good ideal to have, but I think that people won't get into it. You can look at the hardcore facts. The average student spends less than an hour a week on his homework. 70% of teachers don't care about these students. That is why I think we should give these debate programs to schools that will at least use them properly. Also you mentioned the football and soccer argument. Those sports please number of kids that are greater than the number of kids that would want to debate. You would be referred to as cool if you excel in them. We should be able to give these debate programs to the more professional qualified schools. The schools where the teachers actually care. I like the idea of all schools having a debate program, but it just pleases a little minority that schools probably are not going to take seriously.
Glitch_brown

Pro

Ok you basically said the same thing the part of kids working on homework less than one hour a week has nothing to with it 70% of teachers not caring about students has little to do with it because at least at are school the debate club is really controlled by the students. and again with the out performing school little schools can have clubs to you know that all it is a club thats what the question says and thats what it is to be debated all schools can have a club and debate club if you where not aware of it is a club so you stop with your point of only out performing school should have this. Yes about the football and soccer point i know that did little justice it was just there as a conjecture to your state of debate club is only for the moronity i play soccer myself. its your last chance to win i would try to think of something i did not already disprove.
Ariesx

Con

The reason why I have already one the debate is because pro has not gave any sources for his claim. This means that we are trusting his own "experience". He has not gave any evidence that is experience is valid, so why should we trust him. I on the other hand have provided sources, and statistics to prove my point. Just because it worked out in his school doesn't mean that it will work out in every school. My opponent only provided what would work in his school. That is why I am saying that debate clubs should only be in schools that out perform others. Pleasing just 10 students out of 400 kids is a challenge that I don't think will hold up with the faculty of the school. You also said that it took 3 years for the faculty to get it running. That means that other schools that are doing poorly won't accept his proposal. I hope that the voter will also look at these arguments objectively. Vote con, because con had more logic, and evidence.
Posted by Mike_10-4 2 years ago
Mike_10-4
How does one debate the Laws of Thermodynamics or a 2+2=4? Many of the debates here on Debate.org is a poor "source of knowledge." Furthermore, under a government controlled educational system, such a debate form could only serve the ruling-class.
Posted by moneystacker 2 years ago
moneystacker
IF you make another topic with more controversy I will debate you. But there is no way to go against this, or least no reason to.
Posted by Glitch_brown 2 years ago
Glitch_brown
you will vote for me to win right
Posted by ZachTheGreat 2 years ago
ZachTheGreat
I agree
Vote Placed by Gabe1e 2 years ago
Gabe1e
Glitch_brownAriesxTied
Reasons for voting decision: I agree with Pro, and really, Con had weak arguments, and just stated facts that didn't really relate to the topic.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
Glitch_brownAriesxTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro's round 2 run-on sentence was insane to read, thus S and G to con. Con wins here because I feel like pro fails to sufficiently rebut con within the fact that some schools, especially with their teachers, cannot effectively manage the students, and thus do not deserve the debating club.