LuckyGoHappy
Nerva

All schools shouldn't have uniforms

Nerva

LuckyGoHappy

Pro

Uniforms waste money, there was only ONE shop which sold uniforms for my school. The ties, I kid you not, cost 10 pounds! That's robbery!

Also, due to my First School's strict uniform, there was this kid who was a Sikh, for those who don't know, Sikhism is against having their hair cut. EVER. Because he never cut his hair, his fringe covered his face. The school forced him to have his hair cut!

Children should also be allowed to express themselves so it's easier to find friends with similar interests. For example, Timothy wanted to find someone who liked 5SOS, but couldn't because the uniform won't let him wear band shirts!

It's even worse in Secondary school because when we are teens our need to express ourselves is through the roof. My school forced a girl to bleach her hair because it went green from THEIR swimming pool!
Nerva

Con

I accept my opponent's aforementioned propositions and will debate them willingly.

As per the rules of debating, I shall create a set of axioms that should be followed.

However, I would like to mention that it is direly unfortunate that my opponent has restricted the character count to something so small.

Rules:

1. No plagiarism
2. No trolling
3. Stay on topic
4. Try to stay away from Anecdotal evidence

The rest of the rules are implicitly stated, as it's self-evident that some things will not stand in a debate. Due to it being a 3 round debate, I will give some of my propositions here.

Assertion 1:

I would find that school uniforms facilitate unity in composition and also faciliate learning, as it's quite evident that certain styles of dressing can show signs of a lack of intelligence, manners, and will distract other students from learning as well.

Additionally, I would propose that uniforms can be chosen by each school's administration as to if the dress code will be relaxed or not.

LuckyGoHappy

Pro

Those rules seem fair enough.

While uniforms do give off a professional atmosphere for the children, I do not see how normal clothes can be distracting. Does that mean teachers should wear uniforms too? While I understand that we certainly don't want students coming to school in a bikini or a banana costume, a respectable dress code with no uniform should be reasonable for all schools.

Also, parents shouldn't be forced to pay loads of money for uniforms which cost much more than regular clothes. Uniforms are simply not needed and do not affect the school at all.
Nerva

Con

Contention 1:

"While ... Does that mean teachers should wear uniforms too? "

My opponent makes a non sequitur. Firstly, a dress code, a strict one might I add, is present in all formal establishments for the people that work there. Additionally, the repercussions for dressing in an immature or unprofessional way for a teacher can be very detrimental to their financial life. To state that a student's role in the school is equatable to the teacher's role, and that both have the same responsibilities and expectations is an absurd statement indeed.

Contention 2:

"Also... and do not affect the school at all."

If parents are not able to procure a uniform for their students, than the state can pay for it at the taxpayer's expense. Additionally, it's much cheaper to buy 1 full set of a uniform that the student wears for the remainder of the year than to buy multiple sets of clothes that are switched out.

Note that I have shortened the statements in the quotations due to the lack of room to write.
LuckyGoHappy

Pro

LuckyGoHappy forfeited this round.
Nerva

Con

My opponent has forfeited the round, so please extend all arguments.
Posted by Reformist 1 year ago
Reformist
Bball .....

You were a noob sniper

Nerva.....

To still are a noob sniper
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
LuckyGoHappyNervaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.
Vote Placed by famousdebater 1 year ago
famousdebater
LuckyGoHappyNervaTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by BillBonJovi 1 year ago
BillBonJovi
LuckyGoHappyNervaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con wins on conduct as Pro Forfeited. Con also made more informal arguments. I however would still like to see school uniforms scraped for children to feel more comfortable in school than wearing that uncomfortable dress.