Shawn03
Khons

All students should have an after school job.

Khons has forfeited round #2.
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Shawn03

Pro

I agree that all students should have an after school job because they can learn how to be independent,. In this way they can know if they have mistakes, they need to change it. This can build up their responsibilities of themselves.

This way students can earn money. They don't need to request their parents for money. They earn it. In this way students can know how difficult to earn money. So hard work pays off always.
Khons

Con

You may say that students should have after school jobs right, well as being a student in high school in modern day society, the schooling is getting harder and harder, we have a lot of homework, and usually most of the time the age for a job is not for 15 years or younger so most students can't get a job. Now there is the homework task, it is hard to have homework form the teachers in school, but add to that about 1/3 of the students are in either AP or Honors classes, the homework would be so much harder. So trying to juggle a job and all the homework would have each of the students up very late and may have a chance to fail each of the classes. The students like me should finish high school first then get a part time job so we can pay for college.
Shawn03

Pro

Ok, I know that students can't get a job 15 or younger. I agree that 15 or younger shouldn't be allowed to get an after school job, but since that topic didn't mentioned the age, I assume that underage students are excluded.I agree that students should have an after school job because they can learn how to manage their time. They actually can learn the skills of how to spend their time wisely and not using homework as excuses.
Posted by Shawn03 11 months ago
Shawn03
Sorry I can only respond now because I have just finished my school.
Posted by sboss18 11 months ago
sboss18
School years are not actual years. You are two years older than him.
Posted by Khons 11 months ago
Khons
i do not think he is responding anyway
Posted by Khons 11 months ago
Khons
three school years
Posted by sboss18 11 months ago
sboss18
It says on your profile you are 15. 15-13=2. Not that it matters, you're both teenagers in my eyes. What's the difference? (besides 2 years. Math humor.)
Also, who's to say that the cause of the students failing is due to the fact they have jobs? I had a job when I was in high school and never got below a B. I bet every failing student also has a spoon in their house. Are you saying not all students should have spoons? But then how will they eat their cereal?
Granted, I'm not arguing that every single "student" should have an after school job; I'm just pointing out your faulty logic.
Posted by Khons 11 months ago
Khons
I am three years older and in high school were the kids with jobs are failing school
Posted by sboss18 11 months ago
sboss18
You're hardly older than he is. Also, that is ageism.
Posted by Khons 11 months ago
Khons
well there you go and btw this person is 13 years old
Posted by sboss18 11 months ago
sboss18
When you say "all students," are you including elementary school-aged students? You failed to define what "student" means.
Posted by Khons 11 months ago
Khons
Go for it Shawn03 a middle school'r verses a high school'r fun post your ideas on this.