Lightbright
DakotaKrafick

All women who strive to gain a man are prostitutes in one aspect or another

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

Lightbright

Pro

Women who want to gain a male partnership are destined to be considered a prostitute in male dominant societies. Because most societies in this world are male dominant, this theory is true for most of the world. A woman may be considered a prostitute in one way or another. A prostitute is a person that sells his/her body in order to gain something from another. It could be money, or it could be more. There are plenty of female escorts and street walkers who choose this trade to gain money. There are plenty of women who sleep with rich men to gain their values. There are many sincere women who sleep with men to gain their affection and love. In the end, these women give up their bodies in order to gain something from men, and many times they are bamboozled into not fully receiving what they want.
DakotaKrafick

Con

Thank you, Pro, for allowing me to debate this with you.

*Opening Statements*

Your proposition is "All women who strive to gain a man are prostitutes in one aspect or another". This is a clear blanket statement of an entire group of people, which I believe are always incorrect. Therefore, I will be taking the claim "NOT all women who strive to gain a man are prostitutes in one aspect or another".

*Definitions*

This is your definition of prostitute: "A prostitute is a person that sells his/her body in order to gain something from another". I accept this definition.

*Rebuttals*

So far, you have said things like "plenty of females sleep around for cash" or "plenty of females sleep with men for affection". But this does not incorporate ALL women like it must in order for you to win this debate.

In fact, I would only have to offer a single female in human history who strived to gain a man and did NOT end up a prostitute in order to win this debate.

But there are plenty of women who strive for men and never get the chance to prostitute themselves because men simply aren't interested, and so they die single. There are women who have more self-respect than the ones you talk about, and who refuse to exchange virginity for "love".
Lightbright

Pro

Lightbright forfeited this round.
DakotaKrafick

Con

Seeing as how my opponent forfeited her last rebuttal, I will respectfully pass on this round as well.
Lightbright

Pro

Lightbright forfeited this round.
DakotaKrafick

Con

DakotaKrafick forfeited this round.
Posted by Lightbright 5 years ago
Lightbright
Yes but what do you give up to gain male companionship? Friends, quality time, anything? I had no intention in forfeiting the round, sorry :(. I havent been home much, I will try to debate tomorrow when i get off from work. Im sleepy right now lol
Posted by Zyanya 5 years ago
Zyanya
I like male companionship, but do not have sex. I think this in itself disproves your statement. Besides love isn't prostitution. Websters dictionary definition:the act or practice of engaging in promiscuous sexual relations especially for money. Other definition: A person, typically a woman, who engages in sex for payment. I don't think loving someone is payment. Its not about a women giving up sex for payment in love. Its about a woman who finds live (after striving for it) and willing giving sex because SHE is in love.
Posted by DakotaKrafick 5 years ago
DakotaKrafick
I dunno, I'm new to the site too :)
Posted by Lightbright 5 years ago
Lightbright
Im a newbie sorry. Is it a way to change that?
Posted by DakotaKrafick 5 years ago
DakotaKrafick
Wait, the voting period on this debate is "indefinite"? So when do we know who won?
Posted by Lightbright 5 years ago
Lightbright
no so much desire, but don't strive for it
Posted by KeytarHero 5 years ago
KeytarHero
Which would mean that women who aren't prostitutes would not desire male companionship?
Posted by Lightbright 5 years ago
Lightbright
Not so much, but women who do desire male companionship are prostitutes.
Posted by KeytarHero 5 years ago
KeytarHero
I'm a little confused. Are you saying that women who are not "prostitutes" would not desire male companionship at all?
Vote Placed by Double_R 5 years ago
Double_R
LightbrightDakotaKrafickTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit. (Duh)