brad1999
Vortex-Blue123

Allow Open Campus Lunch

Started: 5/7/2015 Category: Places-Travel

brad1999

Pro

I would like to start off saying that juniors and seniors should be able to leave school on there lunch break to eat.
Vortex-Blue123

Con

Alright then. As you have started with a simple opening statement I will also.

I believe that student should not be allowed to leave campus for lunch.
brad1999

Pro

You spend most of your day at school sitting in classes. When you have up to eight classes five days a week it starts to catch up to you and you need a break. This is a common understanding because teachers are given a prep period and a lunch break because they need a break too.
Lunch is always that break that students get, the only time of the day that you are allowed to hang out with your friends and just relax. I feel that students should be able to leave school property during the lunch break. In this area, it’s not a secret that schools in this area are smaller than those in a big city. Our schools cannot give as many options for lunch and limit what is available to us. Being able to leave for lunch would give us more options to eat what we want.
With all of this being said, this should be regulated. Not every high school student drives but the ones that do should be given the opportunity to leave for lunch. This also brings up the obstacle of students riding with other students. This should be regulated in case of any accidents and would need special permission. Students would also have to sign in and out to keep track of everyone. With this freedom there would obviously have to be some ground rules, like discipline action if students don’t return or abuse the power. I feel that students would have a more positive outlook on the rest of the school day if they were given the opportunity to unwind, relax, and get away for a certain time period in a day.

http://articles.dailyamerican.com...
Vortex-Blue123

Con

Vortex-Blue123 forfeited this round.
brad1999

Pro

brad1999 forfeited this round.
Vortex-Blue123

Con

Vortex-Blue123 forfeited this round.
Posted by Vortex-Blue123 2 years ago
Vortex-Blue123
Hi :). I apologise for any spelling errors, my computer's a bit... troublesome.