abyteofbrain
Ccbaclawski

Am I Megaman?

Started: 3/31/2014 Category: Funny

abyteofbrain

Con

Frankly, I made this challenge primarily to see if anyone would accept. If you do, you have my congratulations on bravery and creativity. I don't care who start, but we will have equal arguments.
Ccbaclawski

Pro

I have decided to join the pro side of this argument, since this topic will bring a challenge. Since my opponent has used his first argument as a comment, I have decided to also use mine as a comment to keep it equal.
This is also my first debate on Debate.Org and it is my first day here, so I hope I won't let anyone down.
abyteofbrain

Con

Wow, welcome! You're making quite an ambitious entrance! Thank you for accepting, this ought to be interesting.
I will grant, for the sake of argument, that Megaman actually exits (which is highly improbable).
I am not Megaman, If I was, you could be sure I'd make it known. I'd possibly post real photos of myself in my outfit. If Megaman exists, he is extraordinarily well hidden. because he is a protagonist, he probably doesn't have the money required to shut up the news media of the world. You may say that the video games. This means, that if he exists, he is not I, who would wildly flaunt my abilities. Although I would have made public appearances, I would try to avoid connecting my plain self with my enhanced self, making it difficult to know who Megaman was. Most anyone else would be the same. My guess is, that Megaman is some 75-year old lady afraid to learn how to use her equipment, and perhaps embarrassed at even possessing it. This would explain the lack of news publicity.
If I was Megaman, I'd spend so much time training and playing with my tools, that I would have little or no time for DDO. If I was Megaman, I might not be the protagonist. If I weren't the protagonist, wouldn't I cease to be Megaman?
Thanks again for accepting, your turn.
Ccbaclawski

Pro

Let me put this in a perspective that you are in fact Megaman. " If Megaman exists, he is extraordinarily well hidden." If this statement is true, you can make an easy conclusion that anybody can be Megaman, so there is a possibility you could be Megaman. You have never showed any evidence showing you were Megaman, so if you are correct, your statement makes you more likely to be Megaman.
I object to the statement " because he is a protagonist, he probably doesn't have the money required to shut up the news media of the world." because being a well known video game star would give you a profit, and if he was real, I would imagine he would be pretty wealthy. It would be easy to stop the press from revealing your identity.
On another point, there is your profile pic. This picture shows a resemblance to Megaman, being a character, if I am mistaken. Most people would put a picture of themselves, or nothing at all, but let's focus on pics of themselves.
This leads to three options: you are not Megaman, you are Megaman, or you are close to Megaman.

I would go on, but I will save the rest of my ideas for the next round. It's your turn.
abyteofbrain

Con

Yes, the picture is of myself, but it's not Megaman.
You are saying that the lack of evidence for me being Megaman is evidence for me being Megaman? Maybe the lack of evidence that I'm a yhetti is evidence that I am.
Being a person who is depicted in video games doesn't automatically make you rich. Either Megaman inspired the games, or the games inspired him, but he can't make money off of his representation unless he sells it somehow, which is NOT how to hide your identity.

Nice job, don't take my rotten tricks personally.
Ccbaclawski

Pro

Ccbaclawski forfeited this round.
abyteofbrain

Con

I didn't think it was that offensive <:-O. Anyway, because my opponent skipped the last round, I've got nothing to do but make a further idiot of myself. I'm clearly not Megaman because he doesn't exist, how's that for an argument? Like i said at the beginning, I'll try to resist going down that road. My opponent has to show that I am Megaman. If he can even make the readers consider it, that's impressive.
Without saying he doesn't exist, It's almost as hard to prove that I'm not him.
A very good argument is this, Megaman is a largely Japanese concept, so if I was Megaman, I would probably little little English at best, and perhaps none. As you can see, my English is (almost) flawless. Much better than any translation software could produce. We've all received the "...an I wire the money for you, and you have percent of money." emails, these are people who either used the cumulative limited English knowledge of him/her and his/her friends, or Google translate, testing the target's intelligence. There's no substitute for the real thing.
If I was Megaman, I would NOT keep it hidden.
I speak English well.
I could not hide my ID if I wanted too.
I may not remain the protagonist, in which case I would not be the definition of Megaman.
I am not Megaman.
Good luck.
Ccbaclawski

Pro

Ccbaclawski forfeited this round.
Posted by Allthenamesaretacken 2 years ago
Allthenamesaretacken
You can't be Megaman. I'm Megaman!
Posted by abyteofbrain 2 years ago
abyteofbrain
The realistic equivalent of the video game Character Megaman, who is a mechanically enhanced human.
Posted by Technition 2 years ago
Technition
Define Megaman...