missduvall241
Kpleus

Amelia Earhart was an American Spy

missduvall241 has forfeited round #2.

missduvall241

Pro

Amelia Earhart is proven to be a spy for the American government through her involvement and deep friendship with Teddy and Eleanor Roosevelt. She frequently visited them and had a very secretive relationship with them. As patriotic Americans, the Roosevelts asked Amelia to do secret spy missions for them against the Japanese. When she disappeared on her last mission with Fred Noonan, she claimed to be attempting to fly around the world, but in reality, she was using that as a guise to fly over Japan and spy on their military power for the President and his wife. As a result, she was captured by the Japanese and was never found again because they hid the evidence of her plane and most likely murdered Earhart and her partner.
Kpleus

Con

Amelia Earhart was no american spy for several reasons, my first reason being, the newest evidence they had of her plane disappearance was a piece of her plane being found. It was found in the South Pacific on a small remote island by the name of Nikumaroro in 1991. Also the island Nikumaroro is quite a far distance from japan which is supposedly where she was supposed to have been captured and killed. Also it isn't uncommon for an american hero such as Earhart herself to be close to an American president. There have been many cases of American Presidents having close relationships with other famous people. So due to outstanding evidence against this American hero being a spy. She is just that a hero and nothing more than that.
Posted by The-Voice-of-Truth 5 months ago
The-Voice-of-Truth
It seems the forfiet glitch has happened here.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Oh I see.
Posted by missduvall241 5 months ago
missduvall241
I am teaching a conspiracy theories class. This was a sample debate to show my class the format I wanted them to use to debate a topic. I just used a sample conspiracy theory, not actually my own opinion. Thanks for the comments, but this was just an example, not supposed to be a real debate.
Posted by missmozart 5 months ago
missmozart
Wow what an 'intelligent' debate.
The-Voice-of-Truth
1000 characters is nowhere near the proper character amount to debate this.
Posted by 21MolonLabe 5 months ago
21MolonLabe
Firstly, your entire argument is a bare assertion. Secondly, this theory is not proven in any way. Third, assuming that she was friends with the Roosevelts, there are other possibilities as to why their meetings were "secretive." Perhaps she didn't want to be in the spotlight all the time. Lastly, this theory emerged in a 1943 film (note that it was a year that America was at war with Japan) called "Flight for Freedom [1]." As such, it was most likely propaganda of some sort to arouse negative feelings towards Japan, or at patriotism towards America.

Source:
[1] http://www.history.com...
The-Voice-of-Truth
I've never heard this before. What is your source?