Minimack
emospongebob527

America Is Doomed Since Obamas Back

Minimack

Minimack

Pro

Since Obama was re-elected, America (once a great country) won't last long. The national debt is too high, he's spending too much money, and, mind you, it's not being spent on NASA. The countries that we are in debt with have to come for their money some day. Who knows how prepared we will be.
emospongebob527

Con

Accepted.
Minimack

Pro

First I would like to start out by saying, I should have re-worded the topic. I should have said: America is in trouble since Obama's back. I see that using the word 'Doomed' isn't the right fit. Now for my argument.

Four years ago, before Obama was elected, the national debt was high enough that each person (men women and children) wold have had to pay only about $20'000 to get out of our 'hole'. Now (after four years of President Obama) that has nearly doubled. Making it $40'000 that each American would have to pay to get us out. My Question to you is, In four years will it be better? Will the debt be gone? Or will it have doubled again? How long until we, possibly, work for e other country?
I have a friend who told me that the national debt is not Obama's fault, but it's the governments. No it is not. It is the president's fault. The government is at part of the blame her, but 9/10 of that blame goes to the Commander in Chief.
emospongebob527

Con

emospongebob527 forfeited this round.
Minimack

Pro

Minimack forfeited this round.
emospongebob527

Con

emospongebob527 forfeited this round.
Minimack

Pro

I can see waiting for a counter argument is no use. This has been a good debate so far... I guess. My argument has been posted.
emospongebob527

Con

You are making bare assertions with no evidence, sources, proof, verifications, warrants, or implications, I will not be able to successfully respond to your arguments until they have ground, and of course assertions without proof are groundless.
Minimack

Pro

Final argument. My sources: the news. I am using this argument to state that I will wait for your reply on my first one. I will not post another argument to have you say its 'empty' or whatever. I don't use the internet for my sources, I watch the news. Counter argument?
emospongebob527

Con

emospongebob527 forfeited this round.
Posted by ishallannoyyo 4 years ago
ishallannoyyo
If it WAS being spent on NASA I'd be pretty pissed.
Posted by darkcity 4 years ago
darkcity
Do you think military spending needs to be increased so US can tell China that it won't pay its debts?

"The 2009 U.S. military budget accounts for approximately 40% of global arms spending. The 2012 budget is 6-7 times larger than the $106 billion of the military budget of China, and is more than the next twenty largest military spenders combined. The United States and its close allies are responsible for two-thirds to three-quarters of the world's military spending (of which, in turn, the U.S. is responsible for the majority)."

Posted by Newb 4 years ago
Newb
Amusing...we've been spending more than eight hundred billion dollars a year for the past several years on the military alone. A gigantic chunk the government's money goes into the military.Your standard of quantity and proportion is way off the scale in some random unknown region.
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
So much retardation in such few sentences.....
Posted by socialpinko 4 years ago
socialpinko
Very little spent on the military?
Vote Placed by Ron-Paul 4 years ago
Ron-Paul
Minimackemospongebob527Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Counter. Pro won this as con made no arguments and forfeited on multiple occasions.
Vote Placed by emj32 4 years ago
emj32
Minimackemospongebob527Tied
Reasons for voting decision: mhm
Vote Placed by Heineken 4 years ago
Heineken
Minimackemospongebob527Tied