Rasecvita
PFCAlcatraz

America Should Have a Flat-Rate Tax System rather than a Progressive one

Rasecvita
Started: 9/11/2013 Category: Economics

Rasecvita

Pro

The most popular system for tax-rates is a progressive tax: One in which the tax either increases, or decreases depending on your income. However, there are people that argue that we should have a flat-rate tax system, which is that everyone has the same tax no matter what.
PFCAlcatraz

Con

I believe that if you have on tax rate for all walks of life then what happens if the tax is to high so the poor can't pay it or the tax is to low so the rich pay to little and the country goes into more debt. What happens if the tax is just right for the people but the govt doesn't pull the proper amount of money and goes in to more debt.
Rasecvita

Pro

A flat-rate tax is much more efficient, and just than a progressive tax for the following reasons; first, it is very easy to understand with, and by consequence, there is much less room for tax evasion because at 19%, people wouldn't be as worried because it actually wouldn't be profitable (1). So taxpayers wouldn't try to cause evasion, which is an extremely good thing because as the G-8 Nations noticed, it hurts everybody and estimates say that it costs $3 Trillion dollars every year (2). Secondly, professional tax advisers won't be needed by the government, which saves money for tax payers as the government won't charge as much. Third, flat-taxes have been proved to help the economy where they are implicated-such as Hong Kong as a small example, because Flat Taxes encourage drive and economic progression within a society (3). So, in actuality, the opposite is true; flat tax rates are reduced because there aren't as big as need for jobs. On top of that, since a flat tax system increases innovation and business in a country, the economy actually rises. Finally, it is very important to notice that a flat tax system prevents evasion from happening, which saves the country an additional $3 trillion dollars every year. I am simply re-stating what is above, and as you can tell, a flat-tax system is much more just and efficient as well as beneficial than a progressive one.

(1) http://media.hoover.org...
(2) http://www.forbes.com...
(3) http://www.cato.org...
PFCAlcatraz

Con

PFCAlcatraz forfeited this round.
Rasecvita

Pro

Rasecvita forfeited this round.
PFCAlcatraz

Con

PFCAlcatraz forfeited this round.
Rasecvita

Pro

Before I start, I would like to apologize for forfeiting the previous round. That was entirely accidental, because I was not notified of anything; however, I do not drop my case, which brings me to my arguments. Previously I had three argument-it is easy to understand, which means there is less space for tax evasion (you can find my sources and my entire case on round 2). Second, tax advisers won't be needed by government, saves money for tax payers. Third, flat-taxes help the economy when implemented. As no attack was made on my case, nor any alternate case presented, my points still stand and will remain standing until attacks are placed upon it. Thank you.
PFCAlcatraz

Con

PFCAlcatraz forfeited this round.
Posted by Rasecvita 3 years ago
Rasecvita
Your point being...? Also with all sincerity, a revolution wouldn't solve for much because the probability of one happening is pretty slim. A redistribution of wealth-no initiative for societal progression.
Posted by anonymouse 3 years ago
anonymouse
america needs a revolution, and redistribution of wealth.
Posted by Rasecvita 3 years ago
Rasecvita
Sorry for this but this is my first time so instead of putting an argument, the first time I was supposed to do something, I explained the topic...So sorry about that i'm new to this.
Vote Placed by Valar_Morghulis 3 years ago
Valar_Morghulis
RasecvitaPFCAlcatrazTied
Reasons for voting decision: This debate was bad. FF's on both sides. Pro provided reasoning and sources.