LulzCAtz
Redman2234

America doesn't have a gun problem.

LulzCAtz has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

LulzCAtz

Con

I do not believe the US has a gun problem.

(round one is a simple, I disagree sentence, nothing more nothing less, round two is for our claims, round three is to rebut, and round 4 is to basically say good game.)
Redman2234

Pro

I do think the U.S has a gun problem

Goodluck and I look forward to debating with you
LulzCAtz

Con

I think for the country the gun problem is VERY low. We have 30,000 something gun deaths yearly, true. (I know you'll cite that.)

In the USA we have in 2010 (I know this is a little old, but they are pretty much EXACTLY the same.) 3.6 homicides for every 100,000. (That's around 10,000) Most polls show that around 70-80 percent of homicides are gang related. I'll meet you in the middle, so about 2,500 were not gang related homicides. That is very low. That is around a 1.0 per 100,000.

20,000 of the 30,000 deaths are suicides. We cannot do anything about that, sorry to say.

In fact our crime has been dropping around 2-4% every year, crime is half that it was in 1993.

And let's talk about those mass shootings. We need to have armed police in schools, and heavy-duty locks on classroom doors. (https://www.youtube.com...)

Other than that, I don't really know what to say other than all of this came from the CDC.
Redman2234

Pro

Yes for the united states it is getting better however this is do we have one now? The answer is yes because despite the fact it is getting better, you as a United States citizen are 10 times more likely in other developed countries.

"Compared to 22 other high-income nations, the United States' gun-related murder rate is 25 times higher. And, even though the United States' suicide rate is similar to other countries, the nation's gun-related suicide rate is eight times higher than other high-income countries"

"Overall, our results show that the U.S., which has the most firearms per capita in the world"

With this it is easy to say that the United States does have a gun problem. Again it is getting better but at the moment it is still bad

RESOURCES
http://www.cbsnews.com...
Posted by jo154676 1 year ago
jo154676
Also you picked the wrong side
Posted by jo154676 1 year ago
jo154676
Define gun problem, too much ambiguity here.