America has the best atheletics in the world
Debate Rounds (5)
5- Rebuttals and Closing Statements
My main argument:
1. The US has the most decorated Olympian of all time.
2. No one can compete with American Basketball
3. In the last summer Olympics, America had the most medals
4. America's women's soccer team has won gold 3 times in a row
America does not have the best atheletes, "best" can be what you know the record holders
1. The US has the most decorated Olympian of all time. Michael Phelps. Ever heard of him? He has won 19 Olympic medals. You really cannot refute this fact.
2. American basketball is by far the best. No argument. They have 14 gold medals in basketball, and some of those were from before they were even allowed to use professionals. They have the most overall.
3. The last summer Olympics the US had the most medals. The US (103) had 15 more medals than the closest team, China (88).
4. In the US soccer is not a popular sport at all. The average MLS player makes a mere 60k. Yet they still made it to the round of 16. They only lost to Germany by 1. By 1 point. How many did Brazil lose by again? Oh yeah 6 goals. Now the American women on the other hand are extremely good. They have won the gold medal 3 times straight and have won the FIFA world cup twice. Oh, and they beat the Dominican Republic 14-0, two years ago.
5. There is also this nifty fact: As of the winter Olympics in Sochi 2014, USA has won the most gold medals (976)
Guess who hold the most records in swimming? America. It has a total of 25 records, the next closest is Germany with a tiny number of 7.
AGAIN you see America holds many records in Running, even if Kenya or Jamaica has more, which I am not sure of, do you really think KENYA and JAMAICA is as good at sports as AMERICA? No they don't have any other really good sports outside of running.
Besides this you really don't have any arguments. Plus I just proved it wrong so...
These facts added to the amount of medals and how America dominates in the Olympics I can't see what your argument really is going for right now except making things up.
Well, VOTE PRO!!!
Brenden-Lawrence forfeited this round.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||5||1|
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeits by Pro, so conduct goes to Con. However arguments go to Con, because they showed how the most decorated olympian is American, an argument dropped by Con. They also showed how America holds the record for the highest amount of gold medals ever, and that America is better at basketball, and reasonably good at soccer, considering the unpopularity of the sport in America. Con drops all of these arguments and says that they believe medals don't matter, and only records do. Con simply states their opinion, and doesn't bother to explain how records are better than most medals overall. Pro still goes along with this, and shows how America has the most records in swimming. Con didn't refute these arguments either, even though they had 2 rounds to do it, so taking into account the lack of arguments from Con, and Con dropping every argument made by Pro, arguments go to Pro. Sources were only used by Pro.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.