America is not capitalist

Started: 10/29/2015 Category: Economics

I like money, don"t get me wrong here, I do not love money, I need money, money is important, but only because people are important, and people need money. Anyway, when you are working for 1$ a hour in 1944, you are earning 24$ a hour, which is a living wage, but then Lyndon B Johnson passes the Coinage Act of 1964, which doubles inflation, so now you are working for that same dollar an hour in 1968, but that dollar is now worth 10.10$. Then Richard Nixon passes the "Economic Recovery Act of 1970" even though our economy does not need to recover because there is nothing for it to recover from, then you are working for 3.35$ a hour, it stays there until the 1990"s, now your Federal Minimum Wage is raised to 7.25$, but there is a problem, that is not enough to support your family, so then you would have to apply for welfare which is funded partially by your tax dollars, and the rest by the big boss man whose money is earned by you, so let me get this straight, you slave for 8 hours a day, and get a sliver of the money you produced, then you have to APPLY for another sliver of what is rightfully yours, and you get hated on for it .
I am no communist, I am a strictly free market capitalist, and this is why I hate this issue. According to Thomas Pains "Common Sense": "The works of his hands we may consider rightfully his", so why are these guys slaving for a big fat boss man, 8 hours a day for not enough to live off of? And why is this boss man getting his pockets stuffed because you are slaving away for 8 hours a day? I swear, if Adam Smith saw how our money system works today he would have had a heart attack and died.
Now let"s get this thing cleared up ok, just because Karl Marx agreed with this being a significant issue does not mean I am a Marxist, for example; me and Karl Marx can both agree that the sky is blue, but that hardly means that I am a communist. This issue is fairly simple, it"s just about as simple and obvious as the sky is blue, it just so happens to be that Karl Marx used this issue top reinforce his idea of communism.
So here"s my solution:
Free Trade, just return to free trade. I cannot understand how any capitalist can call himself a capitalist, when he didn"t even read "The Wealth of Nations", it would be like a person calling himself a Christian even though he never opened the bible in his life. Smith"s book, his thesis statement, is that the common man is more than capable of choosing the price for his goods and services, and yet we establish the Federal Reserve. I want you to just consider this, a popular myth is that the Federal Reserve lowers inflation, how is the Federal Reserve any more capable of giving the same commands than congress? A congressman is just as capable of saying "Tighten Monetary policy" or "Loosen monetary policy" as a Federal Reserve chairman. So let"s get this straight, we think that the Federal Reserve Board of Governors is superior in decision making than us, and that we are incapable of deciding for ourselves, and we are supposed to call ourselves capitalists?!?
Adam Smith supported free trade, this is the core of capitalism, that all men are created equal, and that the common man is capable of choosing his own trade, his own prices. That every human ought to have an equal shot at life. Our system is no capitalist system, our current system is a hybrid between communism and feudalism, in no way are we capitalists

"America is not capitalist"

Definition of capitalist: (merriem webster, any alternative definition may be used)

"of or relating to capitalism : using capitalism as an economic system"

So the question becomes does america use capitalism as an economic system? If america does, then it is capitalist and you are wrong.

Definition of capitalism:
" a way of organizing an economy so that the things that are used to make and transport products (such as land, oil, factories, ships, etc.) are owned by individual people and companies rather than by the government"

"Does america organize it's economy so that the things used to make and transport products are owned by individuals and companies rather than by the government?" If yes america is capitalist

The government does not manufacture in the US, even government materials(military) are made under contract with companies. The government similarly does not transport goods in the U.S. for our economy, that is done by freight, shipping and cargo plane companies.

Therefor if the government does not "make" or "transport" the products of our economy, and companies do, america is in fact capitalist

"Capitalism is a social system based on the principle of individual rights. Politically, it is the system of laissez-faire(freedom). Legally it is a system of objective laws (rule of law as opposed to rule of man). Economically, when such freedom is applied to the sphere of production its result is the free-market."
According to Adam Smith, a capitalist nation is a nation in which every person is entitled the right to property. A capitalist Nation, or a Market Economy, is based on competition. Behind this is a phenomenon which Adam Smith called "the invisible hand", the idea is that if an entrepreneur charged too much for a product, no one would buy it, causing him to go out of business, if he charged too little he would not make a large enough profit, and go out of business. So businessmen would find new ways to make cheaper, higher quality goods, while the capitalists are brawling it out so to speak, the consumer is reaping the benefits, his wages may stay the same, but the purchasing power of his wages goes up.
An example of this is henry ford; he was a true capitalist, he worked to make a higher quality product for a cheaper price, and treated the workers as how laborers were regarded in "The Wealth of Nations", as a partnership, rather than seeing his workers as slaves like that of John D Rockefeller.
Today we have none of the above, workers are not given the fair price for their labor, big business are collaborating rather than competing, and Walmart is violating the entire idea of the invisible hand, they charge too little causing everyone else to gout of business, then they raise the price. This is a monopoly like that of standard oil, it violates the Sherman Anti-Trust Act of 1898, and as far as I am concerned Sam Walton is nothing more than a reprobate.

noun: capitalism

an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.
synonyms:free enterprise, private enterprise, the free market; enterprise culture
"the capitalism of emerging nations"

-Google Search

A specific definition you may have quoted, and upon Adam Smith you may have doted
But rest assured cite I shall too, With the added benefit of having more than a few
Private owners we all are, and from what I see we've gotten pretty far
I'm not paid fair for my labor? But I seem to make more than my dumba** neighbor
I make some profit in a strange way, I found this place called the "e-bay"
This invisible hand that you may have mentioned, Doesn't seem like a strange new invention
A closed down sign on the waffle house, where no one would eat not even a mouse.
There's a CVS next to our Walgreens, and by now we should all know what that means
Walmart pushed people out you say? Yet you refute the invisible hand to my dismay
A monopoly exists is your claim! Yet you cite the law it breaks which I think is quite lame
I can start a business at my will, even if the battle may be uphill
So before you say calling it capitalism is crazy, take a trip to the mall and things will be less hazy

You are hilarious, um, nah, I can't think of anything, except the Federal reserve, they control our economy.

The definition of capitalism this argument rests, and splittings hairs seems to be a pest
We are capitalistic more than anything other, so capitalist we are i say to my brothers
The federal reserve pokes and prods, but to unregulated capitalism we would not give a nod
This debate has been fun and i had a blast, but approaches the time to put it in the past

What about Wal-Mart?

Walmart is cheap and rakes in the dough, by selling mass quantity even if it seems low
The massive selling ability they own, force makers on price to throw them a bone
Selling cheap stuff from far away shops, is something to regulate before the economy pops
It is part of unregulated capitalism though, not helping the point of the one they call "Pro"

What about "Federal Seizures" where the government can "confiscate" your land, that sounds pretty commie.

The controversial topic of eminent domain, does not refute capitalism even though it's a pain
Natural monopolies such as roads or lines, must be regulated by government or else we're sort of blind
Six sets of roads and power distributions, might seem fair under capitalism and our constitution
But the redundancy and waste this would cause, should make us stop and think for a pause
Our system is capitalistic more than anything I see, so I say we're capitalist in this land where I Pee
This debate has been great and i had much fun, but the time for it to end is here, despite all the puns