Tilar
MedicinalCannabis

America is one of the best places to live

Tilar

Pro

First round is acceptance
MedicinalCannabis

Con

I will debate with you.
Tilar

Pro

I will not be using facts and sources for this debate, primarily because this argument is based solely on opinion.

I believe that America is one of the best places to live because of the work that has been put into creating this beautiful country. America has amazing scenery, Constitution, Declaration Of Independence, and some of the best places to live.

(Not much of an argument until I see the other side of the story!!)
MedicinalCannabis

Con

In my opinion, America may have great scenery and a Constitution, but none of this can be considered great if it can be so simply over ruled by the government (i.e The government ignores the constitutional checks for all of the branches of government, and the governments infringement of the peoples rights.) Before America can call itself a great country like it used to be it needs to work on the 17 trillion dollar debt it is currently in, its foreign policy, immigration policy, medical care/health care system, economy, and real estate, hell, 6.3% of our population (around 20 million people) are unemployed. We also have problems with our politicians being elected by what religion they are, rather than the opinions and statements they hold/make.
Tilar

Pro

Tilar forfeited this round.
MedicinalCannabis

Con

MedicinalCannabis forfeited this round.
Tilar

Pro

Tilar forfeited this round.
MedicinalCannabis

Con

MedicinalCannabis forfeited this round.
Tilar

Pro

Tilar forfeited this round.
MedicinalCannabis

Con

MedicinalCannabis forfeited this round.
Posted by schachdame 2 years ago
schachdame
Tough I think that this debate has a lot of potential, I had a big laugh reading the part that it's such a great place to live in "because of the work that has been put into" it, and then proceeding with naming scenery first of all. American people have nothing to do with the scenic beauty of the land.
The man-made features and the natural resources are two very different things and while one might see the US as a beautiful land, they might not consider it as a great country in the political sense.