Akemi_Loli_Mokoto
daboss

America is the Freest Country in the world

Con Tied Pro

Akemi_Loli_Mokoto

Con

For Decades, people have said the US is the greatest country in the world. Without getting facts. Well those people are naive, and I am just the man to prove to them that the US is NOT the freest country in the world. Just think about it, is it really? Have you been to EVERY country? Have ya even looked in to if what you think is true, is actually true? I bet every gold and silver coin I have that you haven't. Watching too much Fox News will lead you to think that the US is the Freest. Well, it's not.
daboss

Pro

Thanks for having this debate i'm sure it'll be awesome...

First lets look at the wording of the resolution.... "America is the freest country in the world"
1. America is not a country, it consists of two different continents... the north and the south
2. America is not "in the world" it has actually been said by many philosphers to be on top of the world, this is what scientists call the crust.

So as we can see america can not be the freest country in the world because it's not in the world and it's not a country.

This would be like saying, "My computer is the best christmas tree in outer space" when obviously it's at my house and not in space. their's no way to debate it.... I WIN!!!
Akemi_Loli_Mokoto

Con

By far this is the most absurd thing I ever heard in my life. I hope you dont expect to win with that nonsense. Never the less, lets get this over with. Our debate is not a question of if the US is a country(which the UN says it is) nor if its in the world(which you'd know if you was being serious), the question is if the US is the freest, and the answer is no. Here is why:

For decades, Americans and forginers have called the US the Freest Nation in the World. Now I am here to prove you people are wrong. We will go down to 3 Catagories:
  1. Free Trade
  2. Freedom of the Press
  3. Press Freedom Index
Who is #1 in Free Trade? America? Japan? Nope, its Singapore[1]! The US is ranked 20th. The Global Enabling Trade Report was first published in 2008 by the World Economic Forum! Ok next up, Freedom of the Press. The US Consitution garenttes freedom of the Press, but just how Free is it? Well according to the Freedom House, Iceland is the has the Freest Press in the world. In a ranking 1(freest) to 100(least free), Iceland ranked 9. The US only has a rating of 18. Not even the freest in the Americas, its 4th freest in the Americas. Jamaica is the freest in the americas. Japan ranked 21. Note these are not rating of #1, but of the Freedom House Index. Though Iceland is #1. 40 nations are Free in press.

Finally, Press Freedom Index by the Reporters Without Borders. The survey(PFI) asks questions about direct attacks on journalists and the media as well as other indirect sources of pressure against the free press. Guess what? Finland, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, and Switzerland ranked tied at #1. The US ranked, 20th. Japan 11th tired with 2 other countries.

I rest my case.
daboss

Pro

daboss forfeited this round.
Akemi_Loli_Mokoto

Con

My argument has been made. I hope to see a reply, but I dont expect one.
daboss

Pro

daboss forfeited this round.
Posted by Thaddeus 6 years ago
Thaddeus
Ey Daboss, surely dose semantic tings you be referring to in round one help cons case?
Vote Placed by adontimasu 4 years ago
adontimasu
Akemi_Loli_MokotodabossTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Con for Pro's FF. Arguments, as Pro did not have any, but Con did.
Vote Placed by quarterexchange 5 years ago
quarterexchange
Akemi_Loli_MokotodabossTied
Reasons for voting decision: forfeit