Vikuta
Guardian27

America is the World's Leading Terrorist State

Vikuta

Pro

Let me start out by saying that America is a great place to live and America has done great things. Terrorists can do great things; terrorists are still terrorists. Most Americans are good people and are not responsible for the terroristic acts of the USA.

American politicians and the American media are owned by handful of powerful corporations. These elites are motivated primarily by greed. They seek to increase their wealth by controlling as much of the world as they possibly can. They hide these truths from the general public with their almost complete control of the media. The public is encouraged to go along with these imperial visions under the guises of "patriotism" and "national security." Let facts be submitted to a candid world:

(By "America" I mean the elites that control the country)

America exploits third world nations and stands in the way of their progress, which has lead to the premature deaths of millions.

America supports and often installs brutal dictators, which has lead to the deaths of millions.

America invades countries for bad reasons, killing millions of civilians and its own troops.

America harbors terrorists, who've killed hundreds, maybe thousands.

America impedes the Middle East peace process, which could easily lead to the death of everybody.

America gets mad at "terrorists" who, for some unknown reason, don't like what America does or who America supports. America then uses this as an excuse to restrict the rights of it people and to invade more countries and install more dictators/puppet democracies.

America, with all its power and might, should use its position to bring the world together and focus its energy on making the world a better place. It should cease trying to gain more control of over the rest of the world in its unadulterated greed.
Guardian27

Con

Good Afternoon Vikuta. I just want to start by thanking you for serving our country. You have my deepest respect and thanks.

Now, you've made some very strong charges about the government that I'd like to go over.

I. You've charged the "elites that control the country" with having blood on their hands by standing in the way of other nations development. I would like to ask you for some reference that I can argue against. I'll bring my own argument. Between 2002 and 2006, the United States has given Palestine over 700 million dollars in Aid. As we all know, Palestine is a strong supporter of Hamas, a terrorist group that is responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent Israelies.
http://www.israelipalestinianprocon.org...

II. Again, I'd like to know which case you are referring to. After the fall of Saddam Hussein, a government of the people has been attempted to be formed. The Prime Minister may not be a good man for the job, but to call him a brutal dictator is a long stretch of the imagination.

III. To state that U.S. involvement in international affairs is for bad reasons is really more a matter of personal opinion. The war in Iraq is not a strongly supported cause. However, if you look at it this way, you might change your mind. Hussein is responsible for the death of hundreds of thousands of civilians. Even if the war in Iraq has shown there were no WMDs, justice for the innocent that were killed is a VERY good consolation. http://www.frontpagemag.com...={0F2658E9-6A5E-45E9-ACE5-982C0CA355A1}

IV. Again, I must ask who you are talking about.

V. U.S. Presidents have been trying to build mideast peace agreement for decades. It's not something that is going to happen. The fight between Jews and Arabs goes back to Biblical times. U.S. involvement has nothing to do with thousand year old hatred for one another.

I'll give my points in my next argument once I have more information from my opponent.
Vikuta

Pro

The US uses bribery, extortion, aggression, and outright invasion to get it's way with third world nations that don't pose any threat to the US. The US overthrew Mossadeq of Iran, Arbenz of Guatemala, Allende of Chile, Torrijos of Panama and many other democratically elected leaders. The US did this because those leaders put the interests of their countries ahead of the interests of the United States. The US is actively seeking to overthrow the popular President of Venezuela, Hugo Chavez. It has supported the dictators like Pinochet of Chile, Hussein of Iraq, Duvalier of Haiti, and Suharto of Indonesia. The US has harbored terrorists like Orlando Bosch and Luis Posada Carriles. The US supports Israel's illegal occupation of Palestinian lands. The US and the UK collaborated in the illegal expulsion of the residents of Diego Garcia, giving them practically no compensation for their crimes.

I apologize for not elaborating on these cases as I have been very busy. I only have a few hours left before I forfeit the round, so I want to at least give my opponent something to debate.
Guardian27

Con

Guardian27 forfeited this round.
Vikuta

Pro

Vikuta forfeited this round.
Guardian27

Con

Guardian27 forfeited this round.
Posted by Solarman1969 9 years ago
Solarman1969
you are a typical liberal moron

do you really think that killing anywhere from 300,000 to 1,000,000 Iraqis is going to make terror attacks against the US less likely?

OH so our marines and army boys , the best is the WORLD, went and deliberately killed 1,000,000 Iraqis?

In an earlier time you would have been arrested for sedition

you liberal liars are going to get your due, and your party is finally having to face its own lying deceitful , corrupt racist CORE

good-bye and good riddance!
Posted by Vikuta 9 years ago
Vikuta
Kels, do you really think that killing anywhere from 300,000 to 1,000,000 Iraqis is going to make terror attacks against the US less likely? 15 of the 19 high-jackers were SAUDIS. I wonder why we don't invade Saudi Arabia. Maybe it is because the House of Saud and the House of Bush are so cozy with each other. Maybe it has to do with Saudi Arabia's compliance with American corporate interests.
Posted by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
They are dying to so that the war and terrorism stays there rather than comes here. They are dying to get rid of terrorism. They are dying to protect us here. My husband has done alot of good there and he is coming home very soon and he will be ready when they call him to go over there again. He wants to keep terrorism away from us and to help the Iraqi civilians that want us there and want freedom from terrorists.
Posted by Vikuta 9 years ago
Vikuta
Kels, what are the soldiers dying for over there?
Posted by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
It isn't for nothing and if you can't see that why be a soldier? It is not fair to keep getting paid to be a soldier , trained as a soldier and say you are part of a unit if you aren't willing to stand beside your fellow soldiers in your unit.
Posted by Vikuta 9 years ago
Vikuta
I'm not saying that they aren't heroes in terms of sacrifice and bravery, but my brothers-in-arms over there are dying for nothing. If I had died over there, it would have been for nothing.
Posted by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
To not go is only letting your fellow soldiers down , not the government. They aren't dying for nothing over there and it is sad that you feel that way. Every soldier that has died over there is a hero and to think otherwise is sad.
Posted by Vikuta 9 years ago
Vikuta
Kels, the American people as a whole are letting the soldiers down. I sympathize with those who have had to go to Iraq on several tours. The sad fact is kels, that if your husband dies in Iraq, he will have died for nothing more than the greed of politicians/corporate executives and control of Iraq's oil. I'm certain of this and I am prepared to debate you if you disagree.

I hope that the Army does not try to deploy me again. It is possible that it won't. I would leave the Army now if it were a simple process. Kels, are you going to support me if I get a dishonorable discharge? Are you going to visit me if in jail if I become a "deserter"? The war is wrong and I cannot, in good conscience, once again take part in the occupation of Iraq.
Posted by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
Are you a US soldier? If you are then you don't desert your fellow soldiers when you get a call up. If you don't believe in the war , don't take the money from the military and call yourself a soldier. You are hurting your fellow soldiers when you disobey orders for deployment. If you don't want to do your job as a soldier then you need to leave said job. I am tired of some soldiers doing 3 or 4 tours because some "don't believe in the war". It is not fair to your fellow soldiers. As long as the military is training you , paying your bills , etc you don't desert your fellow soldiers. My husband's unit is 4 guys short because of soldiers not following orders and that leaves them at a risk. It also causes some men to have to go more. It isn't right to stay a soldier and get paid to be a soldier and let the other soldiers have to keep picking up the stuff you don't believe in.
Posted by Vikuta 9 years ago
Vikuta
I don't hate America, kels. It was while I was in Iraq that I realized that the war is wrong and that it is part of a larger imperial American agenda. If I just leave the Army it would be difficult for me to get a job because I would get a dishonorable discharge. However, that is a minor point when compared to the burden my conscience would have to bear if I had to return to Iraq or take part in the invasion of Iran or Venezuela. I stand ready to defend the US against real enemies.
Vote Placed by Vikuta 8 years ago
Vikuta
VikutaGuardian27Tied
Vote Placed by griffinisright 9 years ago
griffinisright
VikutaGuardian27Tied
Vote Placed by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
VikutaGuardian27Tied
Vote Placed by blond_guy 9 years ago
blond_guy
VikutaGuardian27Tied
Vote Placed by PeaceFinger 9 years ago
PeaceFinger
VikutaGuardian27Tied
Vote Placed by mrmatt505 9 years ago
mrmatt505
VikutaGuardian27Tied
Vote Placed by anwermate 9 years ago
anwermate
VikutaGuardian27Tied
Vote Placed by Einstein 9 years ago
Einstein
VikutaGuardian27Tied
Vote Placed by tombob900 9 years ago
tombob900
VikutaGuardian27Tied
Vote Placed by MarxistKid 9 years ago
MarxistKid
VikutaGuardian27Tied