Vickram
mysterious_chick

America is the best country

Vickram

Con

Firstly, I think America is not the best country because there other popular countries and guns are allowed there so it is not too safe.
mysterious_chick

Pro

Okay so why do you think that U.S is not the best country in the world? I mean have we done something to you which makes you think that? No okay so listen and hear me out. The U.S is one of the most developed countries in the world and so many people come here because of financial, economic and political reasons, so therefore I do not think you can determine which country is better just by giving opinions. In the united states, we have certain freedoms and rights that other countries do not provide. Maybe its because we are the best. We know what people want and they know what the govt expects of them. So therefore I cannot agree with you that America is not the best.
Vickram

Con

America isn't the best, if someone is born in a country dosent mean it is the best. There are more better countries. I am not saying it is not good, i just said it isn't the BEST....America WAS the greatest country in the world but no longer is more countries are battling to become better. America can't be the best forever. There are more countries who get freedom but not in a harmfull way (guns).

Here is the list of the top 10:
1. Australia -- 0.86
2. Canada -- 0.82
3. South Korea -- 0.81
4. Netherlands -- 0.80
5. Germany -- 0.80
6. New Zealand -- 0.80
7. Switzerland -- 0.80
8. United States -- 0.80
9. Japan -- 0.79
10. Slovenia -- 0.79
mysterious_chick

Pro

Okay well.. if you really have a problem with Guns being too violent then maybe you shouldn't live in united states if you do. I mean come on we all say we want protection but whenever we try people usually end up saying "NO! I need my privacy!" so honestly I don't see why guns are so bad to you. I mean its for your own protection and why is that so bad to you? "Some people would say that countries like Denmark or Norway is the best but the U.S has 151 major cities, freedom, democracy, diversity, highest quality of life, and more... We have beautiful suburbs and amazing cities. Plus if you don't like a part of the U.S you have many other areas to go. We also have respect from many other countries, amazing train stations, the best airports, great zoos, and national parks. No one could compete with us. We have the best government and best armed forces." So therefore I don't think you can compete with this, yes many other countries are trying their best to get to where U.S is but I mean come on that's got to tell you something; we are the best in their eyes. I mean whenever countries have a conflict with others why do some people immigrate to US? I mean go to china or Canada or Russia. So technically us Americans are seen as the best in many perspectives.
Vickram

Con

You are only saying your opinion and saying no other country can ever be the best, if i am right, you are saying guns are not wrong it can be for protection but having no guns is better. Nothing with me and the guns it is just dangerous. It is not good to underestimate other countries. The country you come can be the best for you but not for everyone. I chose this because everyone might know that America is not the BEST. Some people think that because they like some things from there, but they might not love the country.
mysterious_chick

Pro

Well listen and hear me out. Yes we have guns but it's mostly for our protection. Sure we have some flaws, but what country doesn't? I mean take a second and think it through. Just because we have guns here does not mean we aren't the best. Since u keep saying that America is not the best, then who is? As far as I know most people want to come to America for any reason. No one wants to leave. Why?
Vickram

Con

Vickram forfeited this round.
mysterious_chick

Pro

Why would you forfeit the round considering you put the topic up for debating? I mean, if you put the topic out then you should have good text evidence to support your statement onto whether its valid or its just a what if.
Vickram

Con

Firstly, i didn't forfeit on purpose, my internet wasn't working so since there is a timing limit i wasn't able to reach up. Why would i want to forfeit on purpose i would like to write something.

Secondly, do you know you just wasted your turn by questioning me about my forfeit.

Thirdly, America..... can i just tell you, do you get what i mean.... america is not THE BEST, it could be one of the good countries but not the best. Every country ha their own specialties, if america has some thinks which are good it dosen't mean it is the best.

Fourthly, you asked me what is the best country? There is no best country every country should be equal. But if there has to be a best country it is most likely Australia because it's money is close to america but it also a really safe country and it is multiculture country with equality.

Thanks for the debate.

Vote for Firstly, i didn't forfeit on purpose, my internet wasn't working so since there is a timing limit i wasn't able to reach up. Why would i want to forfeit on purpose i would like to write something.

Thanks for the debate.

Vote for CON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mysterious_chick

Pro

Uh yah sure you ran outta time. Okay check your grammar first. Ok? okay.

I completely agree with you that there could be better countries out there rather than the United States but you yourself just said that there is no "BEST" country so then why would you even try to debate United States into it? If you don't believe that there is a best country then why try to debate it? You just said that every country should be equal then you can't say that United States isn't the best. You put Australia as an example of a best country based on your thinking and so therefore you can't say that United States isn't the best. You also said Australia because of its money and multiculture, well here let me tell you about a guy who is an Austrailian went to America and what he said about it.

"America! You"ve seen it on TV, in the movies, you think you know the USA but you really don"t until you live there. I"ve seen a few of these articles floating about but usually written from an American perspective- for example an American might move to a small European country and write about it, or perhaps an American might even visit Australia and write about the strange accents and the wildlife. That kind of makes sense, because after all the USA is a very populous and very vocal country. But I thought it might be interesting to write about what it"s like for a foreigner (in this case an Australian, ie, moi) to live in American society. I"ve lived in the US now in two separate areas, firstly in Delaware (Dela-where?) where I did a research project at the University of Delaware and lived the college life for a while. More recently I"ve worked setting up solar cell production lines in Portland, Oregon on the US West Coast. Believe me when I say that the US is one of the most amazing, diverse and strangest places. Here are the things that surprised me as an Australian living in the USA."

"I don"t know why, but I assumed that they might be brash and brusque. When my first American waitress called me "darling" and was nice as pie, I thought she was just angling for a better tip. But then the lady at the supermarket was nice, and so were people at other places where you don"t normally give tips. Then I got in an elevator and a man said "It"s a lovely day isn"t it!" And a bum yelled to me as I walked past on the street, "Hey mister! Your shoelaces are untied! You don"t wanna trip and fall do you?" In Australia, or at least in Sydney, an stranger that talks to people randomly is safely (and sadly) assumed to be insane, or annoying. In America everyone talks to you. It"s the norm. I love that. Americans that I met at work or college would be instantly inviting me to parties or on snowboarding trips. They might sometimes end up being flaky or unreliable in the long term, but at least you have the opportunity to make friends early. Some of those friends have given me more love and support than I ever knew back home in Australia. Also, America is the only place where I"ve sat in a park (in Portland), feeling glum and lonely and depressed, and had a homeless man walk up to me in his rags and say "Don"t worry man. Everything"s gonna work out." That blew my mind."

So therefore I personally don't think that you can just assume that a country is better than one another because of your perspective, you need to get someone elses. As far as culture is involved, you can find culture in every corner. If you are determined to find culture you will, there are so many types of cultures in United States, every turn you take you will notice something or someone different. So multiculture isn't lost, and even the people are very nice and appreciative of you and who you are.

MLA Format Citation

18 Strange Observations. Confiscated Toothpaste, n.d. Web. 9 Mar. 2014.
<http://www.confiscatedtoothpaste.com...;.
Posted by Vickram 3 years ago
Vickram
i dont think mysterious_chick gets me, i said, everyone says America is the best and i said there cant be a best. mysterious_chick thinks i said America is not the best but i said all countries have their spacials so there is no best.
Posted by Vickram 3 years ago
Vickram
Sorry i didnt debate that last round
Posted by Vickram 3 years ago
Vickram
Thanks for correcting me
Posted by Vickram 3 years ago
Vickram
Umm... I changed it
Posted by Senatus 3 years ago
Senatus
He might mean that America is better than all of the weighted pros and cons of the other countries mixed. I could debate that. All countries mixed would be interesting, but it sounds more like anarchy or possibly a totalitarian government. Personally, I prefer America to that.
Posted by Dufflepud 3 years ago
Dufflepud
Guys, English is clearly not his first language... be nice...
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
Yes. All countries mixed would be hell on earth.
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
All other countries mixed; ouch! Weather conditions aside, think of the fighting over language barriers.
Posted by RoyLatham 3 years ago
RoyLatham
The resolution should have a subject, verb, and object. The challenge should be edited so it makes sense.